Mothering Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
her and dd's care<br><br>
Today Visit<br><br>
Well, the baby, didn't go under the artificial lights, thank goodness. Shes still breastfeeding, but there was peice of paper to gave her cornation good start if her baby didn't breastfed, but she was still bf. The diapers are felling off of her. Gave what I printed out from Mothering front page and the front pages of selection on MDC. Think thats it.<br><br><a href="http://www.mothering.com/discussions/showthread.php?t=417137" target="_blank">http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=417137</a><br><br>
This was on monday.<br><br>
She had the baby neither last night or this morning. Well went into the hospital having contractions again, they were good, but she never went passed 1 centimer dialeted so the doctor did a emergency c-section after that. The baby ended up 6lbs and something ounces. Visited her when I saw her chart on one of the desks in the department, so looked on the flow sheet to see which room she is in. Visited her and she wasn't thrilled with this birth, but she said she couldn't do anything about her doctor finally decision. She liked her latest doctor.<br><br>
Also, we talked about breastfeeding, she breastfeed her 1st for 4 solid months then quite because he was too big, which I know is a bad decision, but didn't say anything outlound to her about. So far shes breastfeeding her 2nd so far, hopefully will do it until the 2nd weans.<br><br>
Today, saw her twice.<br><br>
First time was to just give her magazines that I already read. Anyway, they named the baby. Appartently the baby has a little jaundice and she was doing combo feeding, which I didn't like at all. Don't worry the baby is getting natural sunlight, thank goodness. Asked one of the other nurses on the unit if shes going home, today instead of 2 days from now. The nurse said maybe tomorrow, it depends on her doctor. Anyway, she told her doctor, don't how explain what she said about the doctor. Then, talked her mother/grandmother about why can't she go home and so on. Visited her the 2nd time to ask her why you are staying for the full stay instead of going home, today, so on. Don't how explain how she said to me. Her husband and one of her friends or family was in there well (who works in the NICU there). Told her to go to the magazines websites when you get home from the hospital and go to this forum as well. Well, her dd had a vowel while I was there, so that was a good sign, hopefully keeps it up. She stopped with combo feeding and still doing natural light.<br><br>
I'm worried about her and dd since shes going stay in the hospital until friday as I know of. I know if her dd doesn't get better she will under the artificial lights, which she and me don't want.<br><br>
Now, I really don't like her doctor and hopes she leaves that doctor and find a midwife for her gyn and her next pregnancy/s and birth/s.<br><br>
Think thats it for now.<br><br>
Thank you.

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
Teagreenribbons,<br><br>
Is English your second language? I'm not trying to be mean, only understand you better.<br><br>
I think it sounds like you have a very stressful volunteer job.

·
Premium Member
15,484 Posts
Moved to Life With a Babe

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">
<div>Originally Posted by <strong>flyingspaghettimama</strong></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;">Teagreenribbons,<br><br>
Is English your second language? I'm not trying to be mean, only understand you better.<br><br>
I think it sounds like you have a very stressful volunteer job.</div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>
flyingspeghettimama,<br><br>
My name is Jessica and english is my primary language, just have a speech/learning disabilty.<br><br>
In a way its stressful, but still love it.<br><br>
Thank you.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
I'm not really sure what you're looking for so I'll just give you my opinion.<br><br>
It's good that she's not feeding formula anymore. Just encourage her to BF often to help with the jaundice and to keep putting that baby into natural light as well.<br><br>
Now, as far as her staying in the hospital until today, well I don't see anything wrong with that. It's not unusual to have to stay in the hospital 3-4 days after a C-section. I stayed 4 days with mine, though they would have discharged me after 3. The reason I stayed an extra day is because they wouldn't discharge DD then because she lost too much weight. So it was easier for all involved to keep me an extra day so I'd be around all day to just keep nursing. If I didn't stay the last day, I wouldn't have been able to nurse her all day long and she might not have been discharged as quickly as we was.<br><br>
So I'm thinking that maybe something similar is going on with your friend's child regarding the jaundice. Since we know BFing is the best way to get rid of jaundice, she might have chosen to stay in the hospital extra so she can be with her baby. It's just so hard to keep breastfeeding while your baby is in the hospital but you aren't. It's definitely worth the extra hassle of staying an extra day or two, IMHO!

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">
<div>Originally Posted by <strong>crazydiamond</strong></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;">I'm not really sure what you're looking for so I'll just give you my opinion.<br><br>
It's good that she's not feeding formula anymore. Just encourage her to BF often to help with the jaundice and to keep putting that baby into natural light as well.<br><br>
Now, as far as her staying in the hospital until today, well I don't see anything wrong with that. It's not unusual to have to stay in the hospital 3-4 days after a C-section. I stayed 4 days with mine, though they would have discharged me after 3. The reason I stayed an extra day is because they wouldn't discharge DD then because she lost too much weight. So it was easier for all involved to keep me an extra day so I'd be around all day to just keep nursing. If I didn't stay the last day, I wouldn't have been able to nurse her all day long and she might not have been discharged as quickly as we was.<br><br>
So I'm thinking that maybe something similar is going on with your friend's child regarding the jaundice. Since we know BFing is the best way to get rid of jaundice, she might have chosen to stay in the hospital extra so she can be with her baby. It's just so hard to keep breastfeeding while your baby is in the hospital but you aren't. It's definitely worth the extra hassle of staying an extra day or two, IMHO!</div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>
Leila,<br><br>
Thank you for your response. The rest of this will be moved up to intro post of this thread.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts