Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>Not sure if anyone remembers me but we have finally completed all of our testing.. well for now. Took a long time. The educational system (early intervention) catagorized my 19m old as austistic and the autism medical center labeled her as PDD-NOS + globally delayed. They gave her language rating of a 2month old and the other language rating was of a 3 month old. The rest were no more than a 14month old. I don't have the paper in front of me.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>They recommended 25 hours of education a week and to get SSI (and maybe SSD?) to help pay for it and to look into Easter Seals for tutors. Oh and to work educationally with sensory in mind.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Sorry, my vocab isn't very well on this subject. I find myself fumbling for words.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>How do working moms drive their babies around for what seems like full time schooling with a million different teachers? I'm tired and I don't even work! (though I'm disabled tbh)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm sad about it. She goes in for tons more follow up testing like chomosome fragile X? if her insurance covers it.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Oh and she has mild hearing loss with rounded ear drums (no congestion) which could be considered abnormal.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Her test was 5 hours long AND that's with skipping her hearing test, plus thats 3 hours of driving. We all passed out when we got home!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>There was a part of the test where the many adults in there with her watched her.. no interaction.. and she walked in circles. What does that mean? I mean she does it all the time but with an audience it felt ... weird. Just her walking for 5 minutes AROUND the many  many toys in the middle of the room and of course ignoring everyone. Well she came over twice and touched my hands :) Felt like I won a mini lotto. She loves me the most this second! :p</p>

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
<p>Hugs to you, my dear. Welcome to the Spectrum. I hope your journey gets easier.</p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts