Mothering Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my beautiful little girl on June 17th at 5:30pm. She's 6 pounds 10 ounces and 19 1/2 inches long. So in love! Will post our birth story later. 馃槉

Registered
Congratulations!!!

Registered
Welcome sweet Iris! :love So happy for you @Mallow! Can't wait to hear the story of her arrival!

Registered
So exciting, @Mallow!!!! Congratulations! :love I put down 'Iris Myrina' and 38 weeks gestation on our announcement list; let me know if those stats aren't correct. :)

A 38 weeker sounds just lovely and a nice size too!

This DOES make it seem real! That would be 2 weeks for me...uh-oh - so much to do!

I can't wait for the birth story and some pictures! :love

Registered
@Mallow!!! This is SO EXITING!!! Congratulations! YIPEE!!!

Welcome sweet baby! Cannot wait to hear about how your birth and how these past few days are going!!

Awe SO Sweet! Love the new photo!

Registered
:flowerShe's completely beautiful! I can't wait to hear your story, so many new babies starting to come now, it won't be long and we'll all have our little ones snug in our arms, nursing at the keyboard, trying to tell all our stories about the 4th trimester! Congratulations, Mama!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you everyone! Here's my birth story! :)

At 11:00am I began having mild contractions while watching a movie with my husband (who coincidentally decided to stay home from work!) and our boys. I thought nothing of them at first, and thought they were only happening because I was cleaning and making breakfast not too long ago. I waited it out, and after an hour they were still happening every 7-10 minutes. They were very mild, and could have easily been mistaken for Braxton Hicks, but I decided to call my Midwife anyway just in case they turned into something later on. She told me to keep an eye on them, and if they continued she would cancel her remaining appointments and head on over.

It was around 1:00pm when I called her again and told her I was still contracting. They were only lasting around 30 seconds, and still coming every 7-10 minutes so she suggested we wait a little longer so I could labor alone and if they didn't change by 6:00pm she would come over to check my cervix so we would at least know if anything was happening.

I continued cleaning and preparing the house just in case and suddenly at 4:00pm they were more painful and frequent. I had to finally pace up and down the house with each one so I started timing them for a little while. They were now lasting 50-60 seconds and coming every 3-5 minutes so I called my Midwife again who said she would be right over! Once she arrived she prepared the room with all of her equipment and called her assistant over.

I'm very quiet during labor and paced up and down the hallway outside of my bedroom during each contraction. I kept trying different positions to ease the pain, but nothing worked better than walking it off, so that's exactly what I did. Around 5:00pm I wasn't sure if I had to push or not so my Midwife suggested a cervix check which I agreed to. I was 9cm and she told me I would probably be ready to push after 2 more contractions! My Midwife and her assistant helped me get into position on the bed (I wasn't sure which position I wanted to try, so I tried sitting up on the bed against a bunch of pillows) and I began pushing with each contraction. Since my waters hadn't broken yet I allowed the Midwife to break them at 5:36pm, and after 2 more pushes my beautiful little girl was born at 5:38pm weighing 6 pounds 10 ounces, and measuring 19 inches long. She was immediately placed on my chest for skin-to-skin while they cleaned her off and stimulated her. My husband and our boys came in to meet her as soon as they heard her cry. They were immediately head over heels in love with her!

Unfortunately I did tear (in the same 3 spots I tore with my previous birth, but not nearly as bad!) so I cuddled and breastfed my little girl while my Midwife sewed me up. We kept her placenta attached to her until it stopped pulsing, and then my husband cut her cord. I spent the rest of the evening cuddling and breastfeeding her. It was so nice just being home, comfortable, and in a stress free environment. I am so happy I chose to have a home birth. It was everything I had hoped for! My Midwife and her assistant were both wonderful and I couldn't thank them enough for helping me complete my labor and delivery journey. :love:love:love

I still can't believe I actually have a baby GIRL now! I'm so in love with her!

Registered
Oh @Mallow! What a beautiful story! And such a sweet, beautiful Iris! So lovely to get to read it, thank you for sharing! How are you all doing thus far?! Are your other kids settling in and falling in love too?

Huge congrats to you and your whole family!

Registered
What a peaceful birth story! :love Congratulations on your baby GIRL!! :love

1 - 20 of 29 Posts