I had an appointment this AM and talked many things over with my
doctor.

My chances for a vaginal birth are good so long as both babes are head
down or that the one closest to the cervix is head down. He said
normally the breech/transverse one will flip after the first one is
born, if it doesn't, they'll try to turn it, and then if it still
won't turn, c-section. I have to make it to 35 weeks to deliver at our
hospital, if it's before that (which I hope and pray it's not) I'll
have to go to Columbus (1 hour away) with the perinatologist.

I see the perinatologist on June 29 for an u/s to check the babies and
to check my cervical length. He said they'll check to see if the babies share a chorion (sp?) and that can tell if they're identical or not. Anyone have any experience with that?

He said he's 80% certain we're having two boys! But doesn't want to
say for sure b/c the u/s stuff still wasn't in my file. We'll know for
sure on the 29th! DH is relieved that it's not two girls, he said
he'd move out if it was.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by YumaDoula View Post
As someone who has MZ twin boys, and my best friend has DZ girls who are the same age -- I'd prefer girls!

I didn't care which combination we were having, but DH says he will not survive if there are 3 girls w/in 2 years of age all being hormonal and dating, etc at the same time.
He also says that he needs a "crew"...he's self-employed as a masonry contractor.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
YumaDoula - don't say that! My older girls are giving me a major run for my money. I'm counting on my twin boys to be the easy ones!
About your sig - is the pill form of floradix not as effective? That's what I took while pg - I can't tolerate liquid stuff.

OP - my baby B was breech/transverse and didn't turn until sometime during my labor with him. But he turned eventually (born vertex)!

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
I'm having 2 girls. My daughter is more high-strung than my son, and it scares me think of have 2 more girls if they're anything like my daughter. And when they're born, I'll have 4 under age four. I dread the hormonal years LOL

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
My sons shared a placenta and chorion (outer sac), but had separate amnions (inner sac). While we suspected that they were identical because the membrane (amnion) separating them was very, very thin, no one would say for sure until after they were born, and the membranes were examined by a pathologist.

Remember that identical twins can each have their own amnion, chorion, and placenta. The only way for sure to determine before birth if twins are mz or dz is if one is a girl and one is a boy!

Glad to hear things are going well. Best wishes to you for a long and comfortable pregnancy! I delivered my boys at 39 weeks - they weighed 8 pounds each. It can be done!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Glad to hear you had a good appt! I'm having MZ girls and they share a Chorion. I believe that it's too late to tell by U/S if they are di/di or mono/di. Mine were diagnosed at 12 weeks, but you could totally tell at 7w that they were. In fact at 7 weeks we weren't sure if they were mono/monos! I'm not sure what the cutoff is, but I know that once they get to a certain size it's hard to tell.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.