Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've started to update my side car crib page with new photos if anyone has photos they'd like to share of their side car arrangements or links i should add, or any other suggestions please let me know [email protected]
I started the page originally because so many people we knew were questioning what we were doing---I could have never imagined that so many people would be viewing photos of our tiny bedroom..
but I'm hearing from people all over the world how that they've used my page, so I'd like to keep the page up and make it as useful as possible so please if you think there's something i should add, photos that don't seem clear or if you have other ideas you'd like to add please let me know I'm thinking of adding other family's side car arrangements like a photo gallery of side car cribs...
Anyway if you'd like to share please post or email me!
Thanks

·
Registered
155 Posts
Wow, I love seeing that, I didn't know how it would work out. Thank you. I have a Queen size bed, I just plan on getting a King size.
I can't wait to see the other options people have used.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Just wanted to say what a great idea to set up such a sight. Our sidecars are still a WIP but most people find them amusing.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I loved the pictures! We have done this as well and ds sometimes sleeps in it but mostly still wants to be plastered to me at night in the actual bed..

A question: how do you do naps? Is your son mobile enough to get out of the crib and onto the bed and possibly roll off?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Oh Hey That is great!
I was about to set this up almost just like yours (thanks for the tips!) but when I went to the craft store they were selling a big piece of foam for..........80 dollars (apparently it is made out of petroleum!). Maybe I can find some smaller pieces to put together like you did - that would be less expensive, or maybe a cushion of some sort. I am a little nervous about keeping it as safe as possible!
Thanks! - Jani

·
Registered
151 Posts
Great site!!! Without any resources we came up with our sidecar arrangement that looks pretty much like yours--we use a rolled up blanket between the two mattresses and my DH drilled new holes in the crib to raise the mattress to just the right height. We have a low bed (Ikea Super King) and have tons of room. I wish I had seen your webpage sooner, it took a long time to come up with what we've got!

My only problem with the sidecar is that I really do literally have to crawl into bed from the end if DH is already asleep--not a big deal!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by sweedma
I loved the pictures! We have done this as well and ds sometimes sleeps in it but mostly still wants to be plastered to me at night in the actual bed..

A question: how do you do naps? Is your son mobile enough to get out of the crib and onto the bed and possibly roll off?
I've received lots of emails asking the very same thing and will add it to my page!
Nap time has become more challenging recently, DAvid is in EVERYTHING, his older brother was never quite this adventurous! For naps with David he either nursing in my arms in a chair and falls asleep there and that's where we stay until he wakes or I nurse him in bed and when he falls asleep I can play with older ds in his bed room which is adjoined so I'm close by when he wakes so he doesn't have a chnce to crawl away. with my first we used a pack n play and he had a fold up toy couch ( that folded down to a "bed" and I could lay Josh on that) he slept on the crib mattress we threw on the floor,he'd nap on a blaket on the floor, his infant carseat, you name it, Josh could sleep anywhere, he proabably could have slept hanging from his toes! David has shown more particular where he will sleep but having him sleep in his side car/our bed while I'm on the floor with his brother seems to work out well for us- I don't get house work done but Josh and I get some alone time just the two of us while I'm still close enough to be sure David's not in trouble

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.