Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here's the situation: Last night my son(4 ys. old) was climbing over his dad's old bike to get a toy. He fell and caught his leg on the rusty sprocket (the part that the chain would wrap around) basically ripping a hole in his leg. It was horrible. So my husband calls the medical clinic here on base and they said they wouldnt see him cause they were busy with deployments. So my husband begs, then just takes him in anyway. They said it was just a bad scratch and there was nothing they could do. So THEY PUT A BANDAID ON IT!!!!! They didnt even clean it up! I thought it definantly needed stitches and a tetnus (sp?) shot. They said my dh could bring him back in the morning cause they were too busy to give him the shot. So dh calls this morning and they tell him that without a medical record (son has never been sick, nor vaccinated) they will not give him a tetnus shot
: What the heck is that? What do i do?

FYI: this is not just a paranoid mother overreacting

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hi is there a health department or clinic you could go to.
Even one of those urgent treatment centers.
Many are cheap or free.
I would definately have him checked elsewhere.
It could be something that could be infected etc.
It sounds like you recieved awful service at the base medical facility, can you complain.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, dh decided to take him in and demand they give him the shot. And because i'm such an idiot, i didnt realize they would give him and entire Dtap. My first reaction was, "hey, rusty bike=tetnus shot". Now I'm freaking out bigtime!! He has never been vaccinated with anything and never been sick, now he comes home vaccinated and with antibiotics. I got the vac site here and after reading the dtap info I feel like the biggest retard! I wasnt even thinking!
And to top that, THEY DIDNT EVEN LOOK AT HIS LEG!!!
And no, there is no complaining to anyone that would do any good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts