Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ladies
I just wanted to know if you let your dipes go thru the whole cycle or stop it in the dry cycle ??? I have a load in now , we are gettting suds ..
THANKS

·
Registered
531 Posts
I just did mine in the dishwasher today too. I didn't let it go through the dry cycle (I couldn't see the point). Of course I didn't get to it just before the dry cycle started but I don't think it would HURT your dipes.

I took them out and put them in the washer on spin... then the dryer.

So far, so good.

I had lots of suds and contemplated doing another run through the dishwasher but didn't..... We'll see how just one run affects the CDs.

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Just wondering did you all run an empty DW load to make sure the suds were from the diapers and not residue from the DW it self. I know we used to run empty loads to clear out odd detergents and we'd get tons of suds.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Do not run the dry cycle unless it is the "no heat" one. The heated dry cycle could ruin your snaps/PUL, etc.

I did a total of 9 or 10 cycles with my dipes and was still getting some suds, so I am pretty sure the suds were coming from the dipes and not the machine. I would think if they were coming from the machine, the suds would have cleared out after 1 or 2 washes.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks .. i am getting lots of suds still this is cycle 4 ..i think after this i am gonna wash them and dry and see if it helps at all my litle guy has a rash starting and we have been doing sposies since last nite and it is getting better ...
i am glad it is getting better but sad about sposies and that they are having so much soap

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by marymamma View Post
Do not run the dry cycle unless it is the "no heat" one. The heated dry cycle could ruin your snaps/PUL, etc.

I did a total of 9 or 10 cycles with my dipes and was still getting some suds, so I am pretty sure the suds were coming from the dipes and not the machine. I would think if they were coming from the machine, the suds would have cleared out after 1 or 2 washes.
Thanks we don't havea DW but I'll be at MIL old home soon and we can use theres but wondered if I should run an empty load first..

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Electra375 View Post
I'm out of the loop, when did washing diapers in the dishwasher become a thing to do?
:
Me too-- out of the loop-- gladly of course, but i am curious about this??

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
Okay, so- how do you all get over the concept that you are washing the dishes in the same place and not be at least icked out about it??

·
Registered
885 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lauraess View Post
Okay, so- how do you all get over the concept that you are washing the dishes in the same place and not be at least icked out about it??

I think the super hot water will santize any nasties in there. I figure it is no worse than putting a plate that had raw chicken on it in with the glasses I drink out of.

·
Registered
531 Posts
FWIW, I washed my dipes first, then took them out of the washing machine and put them in the d/w... then back to the washing machine for a spin and in the dryer...

So I didn't put straight nasty dipes in the d/w....

As for the suds... another poster in another thread said that d/w detergent doesn't really produce suds.

I haven't had the guts to put my pockets inthe d/w.... I only put the inserts in.

I should probably give it a try though....

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by marymamma View Post
I think the super hot water will santize any nasties in there. I figure it is no worse than putting a plate that had raw chicken on it in with the glasses I drink out of.
Hmmm... Maybe, but I'd figure there was a slight chance the raw chicken could have salmonella or whatever but a much higher risk of e-coli, etc. It was something for me to get over the germ factor in the washing machine when i was washing my cloths 8yrs ago. I really didnt want any of those germs accidently being left over to get in my other wash.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts