Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So every summer my boys ages 4 and 12 go visit my Inlaws. They usually spend a week at the start of summer and a week at the end of summer. So today I'm talking to my MIL and I'm telling her how the boys can't wait to go see grandma and grandpa. She says I can't wait to have them either and if you want I'll even take Sophia my new DD. I say well it might be kind of hard since I'm nursing. She says well surely she won't be nursing come June
she's only going to be 4 months old come June!!!

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kristi96 View Post
So every summer my boys ages 4 and 12 go visit my Inlaws. They usually spend a week at the start of summer and a week at the end of summer. So today I'm talking to my MIL and I'm telling her how the boys can't wait to go see grandma and grandpa. She says I can't wait to have them either and if you want I'll even take Sophia my new DD. I say well it might be kind of hard since I'm nursing. She says well surely she won't be nursing come June
she's only going to be 4 months old come June!!
!
(italics mine)
after all, who in their right mind nurses past 4 months? (/end sarcasm). Ask her if *she* plans to buy the formula for the next 8 months. That's what I do if someone indicates it is time to wean my baby, at least before one year. (I'd only wean for medical reason in which breastmilk was not tolerated or something of that nature or deployment)

·
Registered
9,431 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Freefromitall View Post
since it was IM, is it possible she was joking? I don't know your MIL, so maybe she wasn't.
I just have a ahrd time telling someone's tone over the internet, lol
Hey, what's that supposed to mean??

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
I empathize. My biggest non-supporter of BFing has been my own mother. When my son was only 1 mo old, she kept insisting that I let her keep him overnight. I told her that there was no way that was going to happen since he was nursing and she said, "Well, one month of nursing is enough, he needs to have formula." So, I nursed my oldest until I dried up in my 2nd tri of my 2nd pregnancy and then when baby #2 arrived. The first thing my mom asked me when she saw him was, "Are you going to breastfeed?"
: Um, DUH! I breastfed my first baby, why wouldn't I breastfeed my 2nd baby too???? I wonder what she will say this time when baby #3 is born...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.