Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...2sU&refer=home

Quote:
There are international rules and treaty laws, we didn't just whip that out of a hat,'' Christine Chanet, who chaired the panel, told reporters in Geneva after hearing the U.S. response to her report. ``What were they expecting? To be given full marks in the field of human rights? Perhaps they were expecting something less severe.''

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Good lord the US guy sounds like he was trying to pull somthing I did when I was 8 and my sister was 5. My sister told on me for something and I tried to divert attention from me by pointing out my sister had done something worse. Too bad my mom isn't the UN since she would have then pointed out it was the US' responsibility as a democracy (aka older sibling) to set a good example so the rest of the world (aka my younger sibling) didn't do bad things.

·
Registered
14,311 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lisalou
Good lord the US guy sounds like he was trying to pull somthing I did when I was 8 and my sister was 5. My sister told on me for something and I tried to divert attention from me by pointing out my sister had done something worse. Too bad my mom isn't the UN since she would have then pointed out it was the US' responsibility as a democracy (aka older sibling) to set a good example so the rest of the world (aka my younger sibling) didn't do bad things.

That's the same rhetorical device used by all sides in any conflict. Including here, on MDC.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts