1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here Come Big Brother And the Chicken Police
http://www.vegsource.com/articles2/g...ig_brother.htm

Quote:
According to an article by Dr. Mary Zanoni, PH.D., in the Feb/Mar 2006 issue of "Backyard Poultry", Big Brother is about to invade the backyards of every American who owns even one single animal that could conceivably be used as food. Even if you are a vegan and never use any animal products yourself, you should be concerned about this issue, because, if passed, the new U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) regulations could spell the end of the animal welfare movement and the triumph of factory-farm agribusiness.
This looks pretty serious to me, the article goes on to describe that the USDA has plans to require anyone who owns an animal that conceivably be used as food (from chickens all the way up to horses), to microchip their animal(s) at their own expense. Each animal would have their own ID number, and be required to give the GPS coordinates of the property the animal resides on. There is more info in the article.

Has anyone heard of this?

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
I have been watching what the USDA and the state agriculture departments have been doing for a while now. If you look behind who is backing what, i.e. follow the money, you will find Monsanto, Tyson, and a host of other agricultural big boys, They are trying to legislate the family farm out of existance IMO.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.