Mothering Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
every time I have sex even when protection is used I get highly paranoid. I recently done away with my boyfriend of four months and we had sex 3 times last month. One time 3 days before my period of last month. My period last month started on June 13-18 and a week and 3 days after I was fertile and we ended up having sex again and Also a week and day later we had sex again. all sexual acts involved a condom from beginning to end! No breakage or no slippage. Well my period for this month is due in 6 days and at the beginning of last week ive been having very tender breast, mild cramps, and back cramps. Tender breast is still going on now and it's annoying. Could this be pms or pregnancy Also how likely is condoms preventing babies. I am also not experiencing any dark aerolas or sickness. Nothing is wron but sore nipples and my breast get sore with pms but it does not last this long

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
It's probably just pms. My body did something similar for months and months before I got pregnant. I'm pretty sure it was my body's way of saying it was pissed I wasn't getting pregnant. Eventually my body got smart and caused me to ovulate early and I got pregnant. Of course this was without protection. With condoms with perfect use there is little chance of getting pregnant, so no matter what funny business your body pulls, you should be fine. I would suggest you add additional protection such as the pill or an iud just in case so you can feel more secure next time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's probably just pms. My body did something similar for months and months before I got pregnant. I'm pretty sure it was my body's way of saying it was pissed I wasn't getting pregnant. Eventually my body got smart and caused me to ovulate early and I got pregnant. Of course this was without protection. With condoms with perfect use there is little chance of getting pregnant, so no matter what funny business your body pulls, you should be fine. I would suggest you add additional protection such as the pill or an iud just in case so you can feel more secure next time.

Hey there thanks very much. The breast swelling has gone down a lot more. Period is 5 days away.... So is this a sign that I am pms. Today I will take first response prego test today just to be sure. I've been reading so much online about this that it is freaking me out! Especially the stories where women got pregnant although the condom was perfectly used

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Just take the test. If you continue to feel paranoid, visit your local dollar store and buy a bunch of them. They're actually pretty accurate (most sell the kind that the dr office uses). Like I said I was having sore nipple and breast swelling and tenderness every month for many months. I kept thinking I must be pregnant, but every month the pregnancy tests were negative and my period showed up. The thing that really clued me in when I actually was pregnant was round ligament pain. I did get it pretty early though and most women don't start feeling it till their 2nd month or so. I only knew what it was because this is my 2nd baby. Honestly if your body was producing enough hormones to make your breasts sore and you were actually pregnant, it would also likely show on a test.

If after all this you're not pregnant, you can always buy Internet pregnancy test strips to use whenever you feel worried. They're pretty accurate. You can buy I think 50 for $20. I found out I was pregnant with those, and I found out early.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just take the test. If you continue to feel paranoid, visit your local dollar store and buy a bunch of them. They're actually pretty accurate (most sell the kind that the dr office uses). Like I said I was having sore nipple and breast swelling and tenderness every month for many months. I kept thinking I must be pregnant, but every month the pregnancy tests were negative and my period showed up. The thing that really clued me in when I actually was pregnant was round ligament pain. I did get it pretty early though and most women don't start feeling it till their 2nd month or so. I only knew what it was because this is my 2nd baby. Honestly if your body was producing enough hormones to make your breasts sore and you were actually pregnant, it would also likely show on a test.

If after all this you're not pregnant, you can always buy Internet pregnancy test strips to use whenever you feel worried. They're pretty accurate. You can buy I think 50 for $20. I found out I was pregnant with those, and I found out early.

Hi there I manage going to the drugstore and brought a store brand pregnancy test and it says to detect 5 days before missed period and I got a negative. So is it safe to say im in clear

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Wait for your period first, but it is likely you've just been experiencing pms.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I had all of those symptoms in the cycles before I actually got pregnant. They absolutely happen to women who aren't at all pregnant. Particularly women who are thinking about pregnancy symptoms for some reason.

Wait until your period is actually late to take a test. That way you won't end up thinking about whether you just tested too early or something.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Tender breasts can mean you're low on b vitamins.

You asked what the success rate for condoms is. They are 98% effective when used properly. This means that in any given year only 1 out of every 50 women who use condoms as their only form of protection will get pregnant. They are remarkably effective, but like any other manufactured item sometimes there are defects.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts