Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about buying an Arms Reach Co-sleeper for this next baby. I had a bassinet for DD, but barely used it because I couldn't see her even when it was pulled next to the bed (and I really just wanted to hold her all the time). 18 months later, DD moved out of the bed and it was nice to have our bed back. She is now in her toddler bed (which is converted from a crib, which we never used either as a crib!) at the base of our bed. We did side car the crib for a while, but it really tore up our mattress with the bungees we used to hold the mattress to the bed. I want to continue this arrangement, her in her toddler bed, after the baby's born, and I don't want to side care the crib again if I can help it. I also am not used to having my space back in our queen-sized bed and would like for this next one to be beside of me too.

So, has anyone used the arm's reach co-sleeper? I am looking at buying a full-sized used on Craigslist, but they are still pricey. It looks like it will line up flush with the bed, but there is a little rail in between you and the baby and I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Thanks!

·
Registered
858 Posts
We are using the Arm's Reach with this baby, I just bought one from ebay (like two days ago). We had a hard time co-sleeping with our son and it made nighttime nursing hard. I hope the co-sleeper works better for us.

·
Registered
453 Posts
No experience to share, but I recently bought an Arm's Reach Co-sleeper...and this is #4! I got the sleigh bed and have put it together to see how it fits/will work out. I really like how it attaches to the bed. The only thing between the baby and me is a rail that ends at about the height of the mattress...so it seems like no barrier at all. I'm not sure if I'd be able to nurse the baby while she is IN the co-sleeper, but I can see us just gently shifting her back to her own space after nursing. I'm soooo excited about having our space back in bed after about 8 years of always having a child between us.

BTW, my ds was so excited to see it all set up that he climbed right in it and tried to sleep there the first night! It was so funny to see him squirm his big 2 year old body into that space!!

Good luck with your decision!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Yeah, the co-sleeper mattress itself is supposed to be a few inches lower than your mattress, so it's not flush. There's supposed to be a bit of a barrier between you and the baby. ETA: The top of the rail is flush with your mattress. So, the baby could potentially roll down into the co-sleeper, but couldn't accidentally roll into your bed.

I have the mini co-sleeper because I wouldn't be able to fit the full-size one in the space next to my bed. My son wouldn't sleep in it, though! I had to work on getting him to sleep in it... it took several weeks.

It was really nice to have when we traveled when he was 4 months old. I had it next to my bed, and also took it outside to the porch for him to have an afternoon nap in the summer breeze while we were outside.

·
Premium Member
34,292 Posts
Moving to Nighttime Parenting

1 - 5 of 5 Posts