Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry. This is a little embarrassing to post. I used a doubler as a cloth pad. It worked great! Am I the only one who has ever tried this? What is the difference between a doubler and a cloth pad anyway?

· Registered
4,777 Posts
I had a mama buy a bunch of infant size fleece topped doublers from me, and she sais she planed to use them as mama cloth after her baby was born. I thought she had a brillinat idea! By putting the fleece side down in your panties, I think the fleece would kinda grab and hold them in place.

· Registered
4,300 Posts
ive done it. i have also used contoured cloth dipes at night when i am bleeding heavily, for sleep. i just placed it inside my underwear and it fit perfect. i have a heavy flow at night sometimes and found that to be better than a pad cuz it had more coverage toward the back!

· Registered
3,456 Posts
When I had my doublers made, I had them made with that in mind for when ds was out of diapers. I am thinking about sewing some velcro into a few pairs of panties and the other side of the velcro on the back of the soakers so they stay in place better.

· Registered
4,676 Posts
I use a toddler sized cpf. I have a heavy flow, and I have this horrible habit of, wherever the pad is, I will bleed in that cm that the pad is not, if that makes sense. If I am using disposables, I have to use a nighttime one to ensure I dont miss.
So, I have a half a dozen cpfs leftover. I use those. When the flow is ligther, I use eiher an infant dsq, or a fleece liner or a washcloth. The squeam factor is the only thing. I do have to wear a baggie shirt during those days to cover the lines

· Registered
5,687 Posts
I did the same thing - at least at home - they never stayed in place that well and it was embarassing to adjust in public.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.