Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dd has been fascinated by the toilet for many months, but it was hard getting her up there. I found a potty chair that looks just like a little toilet, and within a few days, she is using it whenever she is naked.<br><br>
I put panties on her, of course the first time she thought they were like a diaper, so she wet, but the second time she understood their limitations. She likes the idea of them but complains they are uncomfortable. I have other ones on mail order - the ones I got have ruffles on them that are probably tickling her.<br><br>
Sometimes she asks for a diaper so I put one on. For naps, night, and outings, I use the diaper. Otherwise she is naked if we are home. She enjoys the new privilige of being free to roam the house in this condition; it used to be naked only in the kitchen or adjacent bathroom.<br><br>
I'm asking what to do next; I guess I should just follow Dd's lead since that's worked so far, but winter is coming and our house is drafty. I'm wondering when I can put clothes on her and have her think clothes = diaper? I know the answer is probably she'll have to learn the messy way, but if there are any insights, I'd appreciate hearing them.

·
Premium Member
12,839 Posts
It really depends on how old she is and if she's ready. When she was 2 1/2, I gave my dd underwear and she peed in them the first day and had one or two accidents the second third and by the 4 th day was trained.<br><br>
My 19-month-old is using the potty when naked but I know if I put clothes on him he will pee in them... he is using the potty but can't pull his clothes on and off yet. I will have to not put clothes on him without a diaper. It is so individual and all you can do is try.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts