Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I know it is a few days until Easter, but I am thinking of ways to use up the hard boiled eggs besides egg salad. We are hosting an Easter egg party tomorrow and I imagine there will be lots of leftover eggs.

There is a pot luck at church after the Easter service and I would like to take some of the eggs there... I might do deviled eggs as those are more pot luck friendly than egg salad but am open to other ideas.

TIA
Kathryn

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Ds and I have been eaing a boiled egg for breakfast all week - he's really enjoying picking out which colorful egg he wants to have for breakfast.

I'm going to use most of ours up by making develed eggs and bringing them to my office on Monday. They'll eat anything there!

You could make a nice batch of egg salad for sandwiches, use them sliced on salad, make some chicken or tuna salad with eggs in it ...

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Grandma Gerties-B L "E" T

Ingredients:

2 cups diced hard cooked eggs
1 cup Mayonnaise
Mustard to taste
1/2 cup cooked diced bacon
1/2 cup favorite olive slices
1/2 cup diced bell pepper
1/2 cup diced celery
diced onions to preference
sliced tomatoes
favorite toasted bread
leafy lettuce
lemon pepper to taste

Directions:

Dice eggs in large mixing bowl, incorporate mayonnaise and mustard, fold in bacon, olives, onions, bell pepper, and celery.

Spread mixture on favorite bread with lettuce and tomato slices.

·
Premium Member
9,821 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by vbactivist View Post
Grandma Gerties-B L "E" T

Ingredients:

2 cups diced hard cooked eggs
1 cup Mayonnaise
Mustard to taste
1/2 cup cooked diced bacon
1/2 cup favorite olive slices
1/2 cup diced bell pepper
1/2 cup diced celery
diced onions to preference
sliced tomatoes
favorite toasted bread
leafy lettuce
lemon pepper to taste

Directions:

Dice eggs in large mixing bowl, incorporate mayonnaise and mustard, fold in bacon, olives, onions, bell pepper, and celery.

Spread mixture on favorite bread with lettuce and tomato slices.

Quote:

Originally Posted by artemis33 View Post
I love tuna nicoise salad or sandwiches (both include sliced boiled eggs) !

This recipe is really good. In fact I think that's what I'll make with some of our eggs - yum!
:

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/re...ipe_id=1182875
These both sound so good!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for all the ideas.
Bit of a cultural missunderstanding or communication breakdown...
we live in Japan, anyway I thought the guests were all brining eggs also. One guest did bring eggs, but they were raw (she said she did not have time to boil them....) so we just had the ones I boiled.
Each child wanted to take home the eggs they decorated, so we were left with not many eggs.

I love them, and younger DD loves to peel them (and eat a bit ) but older DD will not eat them. We will probably color eggs again, as it is so much fun. Will be trying out some of these ideas soon.

peace,
Kathryn

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.