Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(Posted this first on "Pregnancy Board; it was recommended that I repost here.)<br><br>
Brand-new to these forums, but stumbled across them when researching my recent diagnosis of a bicornuate uterus. I am 6.5 wks into my 2nd pg (1st one was chemical in 8/07), and started spotting and having pain (like prolonged ovulation pain) in my lower right abdomen this past Saturday. Worried that it might be ectopic, we went to the ER, where we saw the baby on the ultrasound (and the heartbeat!).<br><br>
After the ultrasound, the dr. came in and told us that I had a bicornuate uterus (and that I was carrying the baby on the right side), but we won't know to what extent, or how it will affect the pregnancy, until my OB reviews the ultrasound. I know a lot of people with BU carry their pg to term, but I am really bothered by the pain (more like aching) I am experiencing. I'm afraid it's an indication that the baby doesn't have much room where it is, and that the pregnancy won't stick.<br><br>
Does anyone else have BU? Did you experience similar pain? Spotting? What was the outcome of the pg?<br><br>
Thanks so much.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I just learned that I have it a few months ago at an HSG at the Fertility Clinic here. The doc told me it was nothing to worry about.<br><br>
I have two kids and recently lost a PG. That was due to a blighted ovum though, completely unrelated to the BU.<br><br>
I would say that neither of my kids were well positioned in labour. They were both head down but facing the "wrong way". My midwives had me doing all kind of lunges etc etc but both of my labours were long.<br><br>
Now that I have this "diagnosis", I wonder if the shape of my uterus had anything to do with it.<br><br>
The doc at the fertility Centre seemed VERY confident that it as nothing to worry about.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts