Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>I woke at 4:30 this AM (CD 14) with really intense uterine cramping.. .at least it felt uterine. It was just slightly above the pubic symphysis and was an area about the size of a fist. Really intense pain. I lay there trying to think of how i'd describe it today and it was just unlike anything i'd ever felt. I've had menstrual cramps before and it felt different.  It also didn't feel like labor, at least not how I remember it. It was just really crampy and painful.  It lasted about 5 or 10 min and then subsided and i was able to fall back asleep.  This was the first cycle i've used soy.  It could have been ovulation or something pre-ovulation. I had EW yesterday and today there is no more EW but it's still a little watery, so it's possible i haven't ovulated yet.  The second thing is that i temped when i first woke at 4:30 and it was 97.08 and then i temped again at 6:00am at my usual temping time (97.63).  that 97.63 was after having been awakened less than 2 hours previously.  hmm. here's my chart... <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/256f5e" target="_blank">http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/256f5e</a></p>
<p> </p>
<p>Now, today, my uterus feels.. i don't know.. sore.  like it was in a bar fight last night.  <span>:scratch</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span>it's just strange. ovulation is happening in the ovaries. why would my uterus cramp up?</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p>So... anyone ever had anything like that happen during/around ovulation?  was it related to soy/meds?</p>
<p>secondly.. what about the temp?  i know, i know, wait until tomorrow. it's so hard to be patient.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>would love any thoughts.</p>

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
<p>I'd guess that what you felt was ovulation. I have found that since starting the soy isos, I have definitely "noticed" ovulation when it occurs, where I never have before. I had about an hour of pretty serious cramps this month. It hasn't woken me out of sleep, but I've definitely felt it when awake!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'd also say your first temp was the accurate one - the second one was after only an hour and a half of sleep so I think I would discard that one. I expect that you'll get your temp jump for ovulation tomorrow. If you ovulated during the night, I wouldn't expect your temp to jump up for this morning, but to rise over the day today and be higher tomorrow.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Just my 2 cents :)</p>

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
<p>That sounds very similar to what happened the cycle I took soy. I got BAD Uterus/Ovary cramps and was actually had nausea the day I O'd! It was the only cycle that I was absolutely positive which day I O'd because of all of the signs.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>As far as temps go, I'd make a note of your temp at 4:30 and your temp at 6 on FF and leave it blank and see what happens over the next few days.</p>

·
Registered
55 Posts
<p> </p>
<p>I had something that sounds a bit like that a cycle I took a liquid mix from my ND that contained cohosh (at least I think this was the culprit).  It kinda felt like my pubic symphysis was stretching/seperating.  It was very odd, deep pain, pulling and cramping.  But when compared with other cycles, to me it was a very 'estrogenic' one.  Very perky bbs, very heavy, clotty AF.  Not usual for me at all.  And no, wasn't pg. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I want to try soy iso's next cycle, but what you're experiencing makes me think to start with low dose first and see what happens.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Ovulation is in the ovaries, but I thought estrogen in the follicular phase starts stimulating the lining to grow ready for the egg, (progesterone after O keeps it there, and warms the oven), so there is stuff going on in our uterus's at this time.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I get nausea and sensitivity to smells at O and just before AF, always attributed it to raised estrogen.  Which is what you're trying to do with the soy, block estrogen, with the end result of elevating it.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>As this is your first soy cycle, it'll be interesting if you note anything different in your 2ww or next AF (if it arrives!).  Fingers x'd :)</p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts