Mothering Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I had a regularly scheduled chiropractor appt on Friday (7DPO) with my super-earthy-crunchy chiro that I adore. I started seeing her when I was preggo, and she did an awesome job of doing light uterine manipulation to turn the baby and get him off of my hips! (Point...she's experienced and qualified to do that sort of thing). I had asked her a few weeks ago when I should let her know if I get pregnant. She said, "Well, honestly, I will probably know....but there aren't any contraindications with a normal pregancy and chiroprctic." Ok, fair enough. So I go on Friday, and tell her that my hips/pelvis have been feeling really closed. She laid me on my stomach and was checking me over, and says, "Are you guys trying?" "Yeah." "Hm. Are you keeping track of your cycles?" "Yup, always have."  So she flips me over and tells me that she wants to check my uterus. So she does, and says, "Hm. Feel that?" I did - there was less resitance when she pressed on the left side. She tells me that my uterus is off to the left, which would explain why my right hip was bothering me. She also said that it can have an affect on conception. Anyway...so she moves it (really gently - barely any pressure), and shows me how to do it at home. (Side note - my hip/lower back pain is now gone. The human body is so cool.) I go home, and because I am a research geek, I start looking it up. Bad move. Now I'm nervous because I didn't tell her I was past ovulation (she didnt ask) and from what Ive read, you shouldnt have abdominal massage done after ovulation. But I trust her, so maybe just moving it gently doesn't make a difference? I emailed her but havent heard back yet. Any thoughts??</p>

1 - 1 of 1 Posts