Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For about 5 days now I've had a sort of dull ache in my uterus. It feels a bit like a period pain (I never get crampy period pains, just a, well, dull ache). Pressure makes it hurt. I'm not having any spotting or anything else - I was wondering if it could be growing pains? I'm not showing very much at all at 14 weeks, so perhaps it's all about to pop out! Does that sound plausible to anyone? It's my first pregnancy.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I'm just over 18 weeks and I have been experiencing this recently as well. I was actually going to start a thread about it. It doesn't feel like ligament pain. Definitely uterine. Sort of achy, occasionally sharp, definitely aches with pressure. I think it's probably just stretching and growing in there? Whatever you do, DON'T google it because it will convince you that something is horribly wrong. (Or maybe that's just me, but it's not worth it.) I almost called my MW because I got nervous, but I'm trying to calm down and relax and tell myself that it's probably nothing.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, I am staying well away from the Google! I'm the same, I don't want to call my midwife because I don't want to be freaking out at every little thing that happens during this pregnancy - in my bones I'm pretty sure this is normal, & it reassures me that you have had the same sensation, msjodi.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
I've had the same thing off and on. I was sure it was my "popping" sign, too, but I haven't really noticed a significant difference, although there's no doubt I'm growing. But one day it was so achey and uncomfortable that it was hard to just go about my day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts