Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

This is my first post, but I've been reading for years on here. I'm currently pregnant with my fourth baby and this will (hopefully) be my third UC. I'm well versed in UP/UC so I'm not needing much assistance there. My biggest concern right now is that I have a uterine prolapse that developed after my 3rd baby was born. I'm in PT right now for the prolapse and my OB has told me that she wouldn't make me have a c-section and thinks vaginal delivery would be fine. I've been reading up online about prolapse and haven't found much on it and how it relates to pregnancy. While I was at my PT appointment today the PT told me that with prolapse there is a possibility of delivering my uterus???

Needless to say now I'm in a minor state of panic.

I love UC. This is going to be my last baby and I do not want another bad hospital experience but I'm starting to wonder if that is where I should be.

I am not a legal candidate for home birth because I have histories of macrosomia.

I guess I'm just wondering if anyone has had a successful delivery despite having a prolapse.

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
I would clarify what she means by "deliver your own uterus". If she means uterine inversion then history of prolapse is not a risk factor. If she means stage IV uterine prolapse (when the whole uterus is outside the vagina) then I'm guessing she doesn't know how big a uterus is immediately after birth.

I have been a midwife for 15 years and I have never even heard of a total prolapse occurring after birth. I don't think it's possible. The uterus is too big. Certainly a prolapse can get worse with each pregnancy so pelvic floor strengthening is very important but yes, I would be seeking some clarification.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
276 Posts
I would love to help you out but I don't know anything about the topic, sorry. Hope everything goes well for you though and that you find the answers you are looking for.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts