Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about 7 weeks pregnant. For the past few days, my uterus (or that general area) has had this heavy/achy feeling. I was thinking it was a crampy feeling, but it's not exactly cramps, just more of a dull ache. It's not painful, the feeling is just there.

I had a dating u/s yesterday, and saw the little heart beating, so as of then, all was well. I didn't think to mention it to my midwife at the appointment...I was all teary with happiness of seeing the heartbeat!

Anyone else feeling this way?

·
Registered
408 Posts
ME!!!! I was just discussing this with my mommy friends. Most of them have said they felt this way with their subsequent pregnancies. I guess it's b/c our bodies know what they're doing this time. Probably one of the reasons we'll show sooner with each subsequent pregnancy - the uterus stretches faster maybe.

·
Registered
141 Posts
me too! haven't seen the doc yet but am thinking we're due close to the end of Feb. so I'm about 6or 7ish weeks. I don't remember feeling this way with my daughter at all! We'll see what the doc says.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I've been feeling this too. I also have some pain around my uterus but not actually in it-- more like round ligamint cramps but in my lower abdomen and where my uterus is now. I think it must be because my uterus is stretching more quickly this time. I also have found that my shorts are a little tight right where they should button already even though I haven't gained any weight. I'm 8w2d and noticed it starting beginning of week 7 and throughout last week.

·
Registered
428 Posts
My uterus also feels heavy. My baby is 8 weeks along. I've had a "sensation" for a couple weeks. Not quite cramps. I have to pee constantly. It's the same ligament stretching feeling that others have described.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I've had that stretching feeling as well. My pants are already comfortable around the button as well, even though I don't think i've gained any size- if so maybe a few lbs. I just feel like it's too tight- need more space to grow!

But i've had the heavy/achey feeling- like i've excerised my uterus of something! It's stretching!

·
Registered
451 Posts
My uterus doesn't exactly feel heavy, but I am definitely already having round ligament pain! I like to wear my pants pretty low slung even when not pregnant, so I can stay in denial about expansion for a little while.
smile.gif

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.