Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I've had a UTI for nearly six days. I haven't been very regimented with my water/cranberry juice consumption and I just went ahead and bought some cranberry pills because it's easier. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Anyway. The back of the container says to take 900 mg daily (two pills), so since I'm actually trying to get rid of a UTI rather than prevent one, does anyone know how many milligrams I should be taking? </p>
<p> </p>
<p>And... just to throw this question out there... how long is too long to go with a UTI? The first one I got three years ago lasted for two or three days. This one is really overstaying its (un)welcome. Should I see a doc or continue to treat it at home?</p>

·
Registered
944 Posts
<p>Did you test positive w/an otc test strip? That sounds like a long time for a uti to be hanging around. Depending on the severity of your symptoms, I would try the three-day (or longer) regimen of d-mannose followed by maintenance doses for about a week. Other wise if your symptoms are pretty bad, persist or get worse I would go to the dr. Are you taking a good probiotic? There are other ways to cure a uti naturally, like altering pH, flushing it out, uva ursi, silver, etc..., but I think most of those are most effective at the first sign.</p>
<p>gl</p>
<p>hth</p>

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
<p>I would do the D' Mannose as well.  Its helped me and numerous friends,  I just recommended it a coworker who's mother has had serious UTI/kidney problems and the Dr's could no longer help her.  I guess its been going on for a long time.  She called me last week to tell me her mother is 99% better with the D'mannose and this is the best she has felt in years.</p>

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
<p>Here's a great link</p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href="http://www.tahomaclinic.com/mannose.shtml" target="_blank">http://www.tahomaclinic.com/mannose.shtml</a><span style="display:none;"> </span></p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts