Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
42,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

It is on wrists and tops of my feet. The er..underneath part of wrists not back.

I do have allergies but do not believe I have been exposed to any allergens.

·
Premium Member
42,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Itchy..not terribly angry looking.

Not painful

little bumps...and some big bumps, some of the bumps *kind of* look like hives but when I get hives I get CRAZY hives and the only things that makes me break out in hives are horses or wrong detergent.

As there is not a horse in my computer room and I don't buy wrong detergent..I don't think it is hives.

I got me a Dr appointment for the AM tomorrow. I am starting to itch all over.
:

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
abimommy said:
Itchy..not terribly angry looking.

Not painful

little bumps...and some big bumps, some of the bumps *kind of* look like hives
The thread title caught my attention, and so did your description because...
It sounds like the same rash I have!

Only difference is mine is on my torso except for one spot on my left wrist and one on my right hand. I have no idea what it is. No allergies, no wrong detergent, no horses in the computer room (not that horses make me break out, but that had me cracking up.
).

Did your rash come out all at once or in stages? Mine has been gradual over the last week or so.

I'm interested to hear what your doctor says -- mine can't see me until Monday unless it's urgent.

·
Premium Member
42,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, my Dr apointment was for an internist.

I guess they are not outernists.

Dr seemed unconcerned with Rash and scheduled me for a colonoscopy.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by abimommy
Dr seemed unconcerned with Rash and scheduled me for a colonoscopy.
I'm glad I don't have your doctor! I have more spots today, but I'm not ill so I'll just wait for my appt. on Monday. Hope your itchies don't last long.

·
Premium Member
42,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadmom
I'm glad I don't have your doctor!
Ya no kidding, that is harsh!!

Quote:
I have more spots today, but I'm not ill so I'll just wait for my appt. on Monday. Hope your itchies don't last long.
I still have weird rash..

It doesn't itch horribly now, the bumps are the same color as my skin.

Did your Dr ever say what was going on??

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by abimommy
Did your Dr ever say what was going on??
Two of them looked me over and weren't certain what it might be. They thought that the most likely possibility was pityriasis rosea, which I'd never heard of. It's self-limiting, harmless, non-contagious and probably triggered by a virus. I looked at some pictures online, and they were similar to my rash. It started to spread down my arms, and got really itchy, but has finally started to clear up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.