Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a horrible way to start the day!
My cell phone was on automatic payments, but I wanted to delay this months payment and pay it late (dh just started a new job so his paychecks don't quite match our due dates yet), so I cancelled the auto payment, and made sure that my online account and the auto phone thingy said that I had no payment comming out this month. Then, THEY TOOK IT OUT ANYWAY!!!
So, now I'm dealing with an unpaid bill, plus $112 in fees!!! That's not even including any fees the cell phone company might charge me for being late/having a bounced payment. UGH!
I've taken all my stored bank information off of every company's website and am not doing auto payments again.
UGH!!! I hate this crap!!!

·
Registered
177 Posts
I'd call them and ask them to refund all fees, including the overdraft fees charged by your bank. IMO, there is no excuse for this, especially if you confirmed that they would not do the automatic payment.

As a matter of practice, I only set up automatic payment from my bank account going to the vendor. My bank won't send the payment if I don't have sufficient funds, so this protects me from an inadvertant charge. If I have a bill (like cellphone) with a fluctuating amount, then I'll have it automatically charged to my credit card (which I pay in full monthly, so no finance charges).

I think you were smart to take your bank account information off of all of those other sites, and hope you can convince them they were at fault and get them to reimburse you the fees!!!
:

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, after much haggling on the phone with Verizon they credited my account with 112.50, plus an additonal 20 because I had to talk to over 20 people to get it done!
At the same time I was talking to my bank on and off and they put 150 worth of fees back into my account when they understood that it was not my fault.
After all the fees came in they totaled $225, so because I didn't give up and would not let these big companies win just because they thought they had the power I came out ahead!
Let this be a lesson not to take any crap from big companies, don't give up, and fight for your rights, and every penny you can get! I don't know when companies decided they could boss us around, I pay their salaries!
This has really made me feel blessed and very empowered.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoddessKristie View Post
Well, after much haggling on the phone with Verizon they credited my account with 112.50, plus an additonal 20 because I had to talk to over 20 people to get it done!
At the same time I was talking to my bank on and off and they put 150 worth of fees back into my account when they understood that it was not my fault.
After all the fees came in they totaled $225, so because I didn't give up and would not let these big companies win just because they thought they had the power I came out ahead!
Let this be a lesson not to take any crap from big companies, don't give up, and fight for your rights, and every penny you can get! I don't know when companies decided they could boss us around, I pay their salaries!
This has really made me feel blessed and very empowered.

Now that's a good ending to this nightmare!
:

·
Registered
16 Posts
it's really not "big business crap" - these fees are most likely automatically computer generated. most businesses, banks included, have excellent customer service if they know there is a problem. there have been many times when i have called to explain a particular "fee generating situation" to a customer service rep and have received excellent response. it's all in the way it is approached. again, every business wants to keep their customers, so providing good service is the key. don't give all big business a bad rap - the computers don't have artificial intelligence - yet at least - and are programmed with "result a" to "situation c" (or something like that!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts