Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have a clue where to post this, but I'm researching for $$$ reasons only, so I thought this would be a good place to start.

I don't know if anyone has had experience with VA benefits, but my hubby is a vet (in the army a whopping 1-1/2 years, but that is besides the point) and we're looking to cut back on costs to that I can get pregnant! Whopee!

Here is how it works. He is covered through the VA, but he has to go to the VA clinic. This is fine for most stuff, but they do not have an ER, so if he had to go outside of business hours, it would be paid out of pocket. If he goes to their clinic, they can refer him to another hospital (like for surgery, etc) and the VA covers that.

Does anyone use this? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Anybody know if we can get ER only coverage for cheaper? We're paying $150/month for both of us to be covered with 10k deductible coverage, and before I have a baby I'd like to be able to pay for me on 5K coverage (we're planning on unassisted homebirth) just in case.

Thanks!

Can't wait to TTC!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I'm a vet and I can go to an ER, they just call the VA and decide if I need to be seen there as an emergency or tranferred to the nearest VA hospital. If I need to be seen there the VA will cover it. I would call your VA hospital to find out for sure

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.