Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it's been going around town to every family we know and the cough in particular lasts a long time-my girls have had it on and off and now i'm getting it.
the girls have been getting chestal for the cough and a bit of sambu guard for immune support. 3 yo is getting some emergen-c and echinacea supreme in addition.
i've been taking sambu guard and my regular RL multi and it seemed to be keeping it away until today.
is there something i can add that will really help us kick it, we're heading to mexico tomorrow and don't want to take this cold with us, this vacation is a RARE occasion

so...
vit d? astragalus? etc.???
ETA-i'm a nursing mama

·
Registered
246 Posts
Lots of rest and sleep.
If you are flying to Mexico, please make sure that you are informed about barotrauma risks associated with common cold etc.

Enjoy the vacations, have loads of sunshine!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Tons of Vit. C and zinc, gargle with salt water and clean your nose with a Qtip and salt water several times a day, echinecea tincture 3 dropper ful every 2 hours until you see progress and then back off a little to 2 drppersful several times a day or recommended dosage. Echinecea works with a constant high dosage in body. If your persistant it can go away in a day or two.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.