Mothering Forum banner
121 - 140 of 143 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by elizawill View Post
where i live, the county actually requires that all dogs and cats have yearly rabies shots....so i do that.
:

My cat is currently growing a fibrosarcoma (mentioned earlier) in his side from vaccinations. (We did radiation therapy and surgery, and it came back, even closer to his spine but within the previous radiation area, so there's nothing we can do about it.
: ) The veterinary oncologist said this occurs in about one of every 2500 cats or so - dogs, too, but it's a much less invasive cancer. She (a very mainstream vet) recommended that if you have only indoor cats, doing MAYBE the kitten series and then nothing else.

We will likely not be vaccinating our pets anymore (possibly the dogs for rabies), and definitely not any cats we may have in the future.

Babymooning while anticipating the death of a furbaby isn't much fun.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arwyn View Post
My cat is currently growing a fibrosarcoma (mentioned earlier) in his side from vaccinations. (We did radiation therapy and surgery, and it came back, even closer to his spine but within the previous radiation area, so there's nothing we can do about it.
: ) The veterinary oncologist said this occurs in about one of every 2500 cats or so - dogs, too, but it's a much less invasive cancer. She (a very mainstream vet) recommended that if you have only indoor cats, doing MAYBE the kitten series and then nothing else.

We will likely not be vaccinating our pets anymore (possibly the dogs for rabies), and definitely not any cats we may have in the future.

Babymooning while anticipating the death of a furbaby isn't much fun.

i'm sorry!

I know this is technically MOTHERING.com, but well...I kinda consider our dog part of the family like a child....
Any others on here not do vaccines for their pets?
We got our pup from a breeder so he already had first shots. But we only intend on getting the parvo and rabies. Others we are planning to deal with using herbal health care with out pet...
Jut curious if others are like this too!?

I don't vax my cat at all. The dog hasn't had a vax in three years. He was given to us by my mom who got his shots up-to-date before bringing him. His rabies vax was the three year rabies vax, so I haven't gotten him one. I don't think you can exempt your dog from rabies vax so I may get that one. If they give him the three year vax we won't be in again to get it before then, though.

Here's a link I saved with some info:

http://alt4animals.com/vacc_efficacy.htm

My dogs havent been vaxed in 6 years and I dont plan to get another one for them. I did it before I realized that vaxes were harmful.

i think rabies vax is a law in most states. i don't know how you get out of that - the rest of the vaxes are choice aren't they? there are lots of vets concerned about over-vaccinating animals, you'll have to search one out - just like screening for a ped who won't fire you for non-vaxing.

I don't vax my cats at all.Baby,my female persian,has never even been to a vet.We're not sure of her age,but she's around 10-15yo.Ba-ba had vaxes before he was neutered,but he's 9yo now and hasn't had anything in over 8 years.Princess,who is around 2yo,I have no idea what she has had,as her former owners didn't tell me.Ollie,Atari and Gordon,3yo who are all from the same litter,have had no vaxes.I actually lied
: to the vet that neutered them,said I lost their paperwork.It was a mobile vet van,and they didn't question me.My dad's cat,Peacey,who is 16yo,has only had vaxes until he was neutered,so nothing for over 15 years.He has diabeties now,but is still a happy active kitty who thinks he's human

I don't vax my human babies,I can't see vaxxing my feline ones.They are all indoor cats,all except Ba-ba are terrified of outside,so no worries about them getting out.Ba-ba won't go further than under the porch,as soon as he sees one of us he runs right back in

I don't vax any of my cats, never have.... i got them from the rescue so i think some might have gotten them from there.

my dog also probably got some before i got him, and since he has had his rabies at 6 months but he's two now and he doesn't get any vaccinations.

We bought our dogs from a breeder, so they had their puppy shots. They havent had any sense, they are now 5. Not even their rabies.

We have 3 cats, two of the cats we got from the shelter, they of course have theirs(and any previous vax's-the one cat we adopted when she was 5 and came with a whole record). We now have a kitten we found while camping this summer and she has none and we wont do any on her.

121 - 140 of 143 Posts
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.