Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 17 yo son is fully unvaccinated (though he did get COVID vaccine r/t school requirement) He is going away to college next year to either a school in a state with no religious exemption or to a US military academy so will need vaccine. Does anyone have a schedule that they have followed for this type of thing?

If you are in New Hampshire, do you have a recommendation for a doctor that would be familiar with teen catch ups on vaccines with no judgement?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 17 yo son is fully unvaccinated (though he did get COVID vaccine r/t school requirement) He is going away to college next year to either a school in a state with no religious exemption or to a US military academy so will need vaccine. Does anyone have a schedule that they have followed for this type of thing?

If you are in New Hampshire, do you have a recommendation for a doctor that would be familiar with teen catch ups on vaccines with no judgement?

Thanks!
Hi Katheson!
A few years ago we were in the same boat in Ohio.

I know this doesn't answer the exact question you asked, but thought this might help:

You might already know about this, but just in case: the university my son attended had satellite community colleges around the area that didn't require vax for freshmen or anyone to attend, (and it was way cheaper too) and then he transferred to the main University as a sophomore, and they didn't require vax because he wasn't a new student. So we didn't have to fight that battle. Some universities also don't require vax for new students if you're enrolled less than full time.

I hope this helps,

SharonG

1 - 4 of 4 Posts