Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I signed is a year ago not knowing I shouldn't have. Is it really that bad? Should I be worried? I can't find any info on what to do if it has been signed. All I keep reading is do not sign it. Now I'm a little bit freaked out.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've posted about this too. Fear about this consumes me. I signed it in my ignorance right as we had decided to stop vaccinating and my oldest had his 4 year well check. I didn't know much back then about the law or what doctors were liable for or what my rights were. We actually contacted an attorney who is a family friend about this recently. If you want to send me a PM I am happy to share what he told us. He basically said we needed to add a letter to our child's record withdrawing our signature. It's not perfect but it's the best we can do. We have written the letter but haven't had it added to our son's record yet. It's a fine line and our attorney agreed. You don't want to seem combative or stir the pot - don't want to accuse the doc of being a jerk by manipulating you into signing something but you want to protect your family. I hate that stupid form. I hate it. This sounds crazy but I told my husband I feel like it's robbed some of my joy of my kid's childhood b/c I'm always worried if I do the wrong thing at the ER by declining treatment or whatever, or any number of other things, I will be accused of something based on that dumb, stupid form. But please PM me. And try not to freak out :) Enjoy your Mother's Day. We all do the best we can with the knowledge we had at the time, you know?

·
Registered
162 Posts
I've posted about this too. Fear about this consumes me. I signed it in my ignorance right as we had decided to stop vaccinating and my oldest had his 4 year well check. I didn't know much back then about the law or what doctors were liable for or what my rights were. We actually contacted an attorney who is a family friend about this recently. If you want to send me a PM I am happy to share what he told us. He basically said we needed to add a letter to our child's record withdrawing our signature. It's not perfect but it's the best we can do. We have written the letter but haven't had it added to our son's record yet. It's a fine line and our attorney agreed. You don't want to seem combative or stir the pot - don't want to accuse the doc of being a jerk by manipulating you into signing something but you want to protect your family. I hate that stupid form. I hate it. This sounds crazy but I told my husband I feel like it's robbed some of my joy of my kid's childhood b/c I'm always worried if I do the wrong thing at the ER by declining treatment or whatever, or any number of other things, I will be accused of something based on that dumb, stupid form. But please PM me. And try not to freak out :) Enjoy your Mother's Day. We all do the best we can with the knowledge we had at the time, you know?
I'm sorry to be really ignorant, but what is this form? I've never heard of it.

·
Registered
8,487 Posts

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
In case it helps anyone, I signed one of those effin things probably about 10 years ago. I left that practice about a year later. The only communication I've had with that office since is for me to ask for whatever is needed so I could get that childs records (something I didn't follow through with).

Feel free to PM me.

Sus

1 - 5 of 5 Posts