Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I live in Central NY and have a son who has graduated, a son who will Graduate this year and a son going into 12th grade. All my children have been fully vaccinated for school required vaccines.
I no longer believe in vaccination, I was just informed my youngest going into 12th needs to be vaccinated for meningococcal disease before entering school Sept. 15th. Because of a new law.
He has not had a vaccine in 5 yrs, never been vaxed for flu(and never had the flu) or any non school required vaccine.
Has anyone here ever got a religious vaccine exemption on a fully vaccinated child in NY?
I know I would have to be very careful about the wording before I submit the request, Can anyone here help me with this?
Do I have to fill out the exemption paper at the health dep. Or in front of a notary?
Do I just give the exemption to the school nurse? How far in advance of starting school?
Do you think it will get denied because he's fully vaccinated?
Sorry for all the questions, I'm hoping there's someone from my area willing to help me.
Can e-mail me privately if you [email protected]
Thank-you for any advice, This has been very stressful...

Thanks

·
Registered
880 Posts
Hi, I live in Central NY and have a son who has graduated, a son who will Graduate this year and a son going into 12th grade. All my children have been fully vaccinated for school required vaccines.
I no longer believe in vaccination, I was just informed my youngest going into 12th needs to be vaccinated for meningococcal disease before entering school Sept. 15th. Because of a new law.
He has not had a vaccine in 5 yrs, never been vaxed for flu(and never had the flu) or any non school required vaccine.
Has anyone here ever got a religious vaccine exemption on a fully vaccinated child in NY?
I know I would have to be very careful about the wording before I submit the request, Can anyone here help me with this?
Do I have to fill out the exemption paper at the health dep. Or in front of a notary?
Do I just give the exemption to the school nurse? How far in advance of starting school?
Do you think it will get denied because he's fully vaccinated?
Sorry for all the questions, I'm hoping there's someone from my area willing to help me.
Can e-mail me privately if you [email protected]
Thank-you for any advice, This has been very stressful...

Thanks
Here is a page of information about school exemptions in NYS. It includes a link to a NYS department of health for for exemption to menengitis vaccine for college. I'd use that, personally.

http://www.vaclib.org/exempt/newyork.htm#schools

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, I will check it out. I am not sure at all what to write on the exemption since he's fully vaccinated, Hopefully someone in my situation will give me some advice.
Thanks

·
Registered
8,487 Posts
Religious beliefs can change at any time. :thumb

My understanding of NYS is that acceptance of religious exemptions vary by school. (Full disclosure: I've never seen NY outside of Kennedy Airport. I've just been around the MDC block for so long and read so much from people in your state). Some schools and programs will take it without wincing. If it's rejected, get a lawyer. There are some ideas here. http://www.livingwhole.org/how-to-get-a-vaccine-religious-exemption/

Reactions: stellanyc
1 - 4 of 4 Posts