Mothering Forum banner

vaccine info by Janine Roberts

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Momtezuma Tuatara 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Whoa! Check out this part...

Quote:
Another amazing interview was when I phoned one of the major MMR manufacturers, Merck. They put me in touch with their leading scientist, a man that played a key role in developing the MMR vaccine, Dr Maurice Hilleman. I asked him

"The MMR vaccine is based on the attenuated [weakened] viruses for measles, mumps and rubella. How do you weaken these viruses?"

He explained they did so by transplanting the virus from cell to cell again and again, perhaps some 24 times, until it was sufficiently weakened.

I then asked

"I understand that you must weaken the virus so as to prevent unwanted side-effects such as illness- but you cannot weaken it too far otherwise it will not give sufficient immunity. How do you judge how much to weaken the virus?

He replied

"Exactly, that is the principal issue. The only way to judge this is by experimenting with children."

I then asked "Do you have a guideline for this work?"

He replied "Yes, 20%."

"What do you mean?"

"That only 20% of the vaccinated children fall ill."

When I exclaimed with surprise, he hurried to add "Oh, not seriously ill. They all get better quickly."

If the views of these experts were more widely known, it would create a very different attitude towards vaccination.

#5 ·
I liked this bit too

Quote:
There were few interviews that amazed me more, during my investigation into MMR and the other childhood vaccines, than that with Michael Steward, Professor of Immunology at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London University's leading immunologist, I was talking to him for "The Independent" in 1996. I told him

""Some parents have told me their children fell ill after having MMR with such serious illnesses as meningitis."

I was astonished to receive the response, "What else would you expect?' He then explained,

"We know the vaccines based on living viruses are risky. Why else do you think I head a team of immunologists working on new safer vaccines? ."

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.