Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.texansforvaccinechoice.com/online/the-nameless-injured-and-dead/

This is a good article.
I mean, how offensive would that be? To say, “Yeah, it’s not really that many. Injury and death on Texas roads are far less than you think. The families who say they lost a loved one are, quite frankly, flat out lying. And really, the risk of injury or death when driving is so low it might as well be zero. It’s RARE. Get in your damn cars and DRIVE, people!”
And then imagine that all of the "studies" that deny injuries and deaths from car crashes were done by people who profit from selling cars...or profit from selling gasoline...in other words, people who have a vested interest in keeping people on the roads.

·
Registered
8,829 Posts
Good article.

I like the beginning - just because you have never met someone who died in a car accident in your state does not mean it does not happen.

Just because you do not know anyone who is vaccine injured does not mean they do not exist.

·
Registered
18,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good article.

I like the beginning - just because you have never met someone who died in a car accident in your state does not mean it does not happen.

Just because you do not know anyone who is vaccine injured does not mean they do not exist.
The difference is all the authority figures telling us that vaccine injured people don't exist. And you can always trust authority figures!

For example, my grandparents, who left Russia in 1914, got a letter from a relative still living in Russia in the 1930s, telling them that things were wonderful and they should move back. He was a "Commissar". Fortunately they didn't believe him. Life was hard in the US in the 1930s but it was even harder in the Communist Paradise.

Reactions: applejuice

·
Registered
24,488 Posts
Dear Deborah,

A bit OT, but pertinent to your last post, #3 on this thread -

The children's author and illustrator, Eric Carle's family settled in Syracuse, NY after WWI. His mother had a terrible case of homesickness. When a family member who still lived in Germany wrote that the new leader had the economy and government under control, she jumped at the chance and returned to the Vater Land.

Bad choice.

When Eric Carle was ten in Nov 1938 he went to his favorite toy store, but all of the windows in the town had their doors and windows broken - it was Kristallnacht. The war effort drafted his father to the Eastern Front and he was taken POW by the Russians. His father survived the war, returned home, Eric went to art school after WW2, returned to the US, worked for the UN, re-learned his English, and has worked as an illustrator ever since. He wrote the Hungry Caterpiller, the Hermit Crab, and the Grouchy Ladybug. I always liked the colorful illustrations.

Anyway, Deborah, I am glad your family stayed here.

And then imagine that all of the "studies" that deny injuries and deaths from car crashes were done by people who profit from selling cars...or profit from selling gasoline...in other words, people who have a vested interest in keeping people on the roads.
Consumer advocate Ralph Nader did write a book entitled, Unsafe At Any Speed about 45-50 years ago. And was it the Ford Mustang or Pinto that had a defect that was known - according to a intra-office memo - to be officially ignored by the company?

Which brings me to knowing that anyone who had one of these cars and nothing happened to them - would they want to keep driving that car?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
The difference is all the authority figures telling us that vaccine injured people don't exist. And you can always trust authority figures!

For example, my grandparents, who left Russia in 1914, got a letter from a relative still living in Russia in the 1930s, telling them that things were wonderful and they should move back. He was a "Commissar". Fortunately they didn't believe him. Life was hard in the US in the 1930s but it was even harder in the Communist Paradise.
Especially if you ended up in a gulag or starving in the Ukraine. Similar to the 'wonderful' North Korea today.

·
Registered
18,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dear Deborah,

A bit OT, but pertinent to your last post, #3 on this thread -

The children's author and illustrator, Eric Carle's family settled in Syracuse, NY after WWI. His mother had a terrible case of homesickness. When a family member who still lived in Germany wrote that the new leader had the economy and government under control, she jumped at the chance and returned to the Vater Land.

Bad choice.

When Eric Carle was ten in Nov 1938 he went to his favorite toy store, but all of the windows in the town had their doors and windows broken - it was Kristallnacht. The war effort drafted his father to the Eastern Front and he was taken POW by the Russians. His father survived the war, returned home, Eric went to art school after WW2, returned to the US, worked for the UN, re-learned his English, and has worked as an illustrator ever since. He wrote the Hungry Caterpiller, the Hermit Crab, and the Grouchy Ladybug. I always liked the colorful illustrations.

Anyway, Deborah, I am glad your family stayed here.

Consumer advocate Ralph Nader did write a book entitled, Unsafe At Any Speed about 45-50 years ago. And was it the Ford Mustang or Pinto that had a defect that was known - according to a intra-office memo - to be officially ignored by the company?

Which brings me to knowing that anyone who had one of these cars and nothing happened to them - would they want to keep driving that car?
It was the Pinto. If it was rear-ended it could explode into flames. Killed people. http://www.popularmechanics.com/car...e-engineering-failures-ford-pinto-fuel-tanks/

Some of the problems with cars were also due to very bad highway design. It was a learn as you go program and it cost a lot of lives and injuries.

·
Registered
18,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Especially if you ended up in a gulag or starving in the Ukraine. Similar to the 'wonderful' North Korea today.
Yeah. Of course I never would have been born if my grandparents had gone back to Russia. My mother met my father at a party in Chicago. They wouldn't have met if one had been in Russia and the other in the US.

Reactions: applejuice
1 - 7 of 7 Posts