Mothering Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24,722 Posts
They refused to recall their own defective product? So much for progress and regulations. This is worse than "unavoidably unsafe", this is a criminal act, premeditated, and dangerous.

·
Registered
18,831 Posts
Good God.

My husband works making pigments. If a batch turned up with that kind of contamination, there's no way they would ship it. The paint on your cars us, apparently, more closely monitored than vaccines.
Just so puzzling that there are trust issues around vaccines...

Reactions: applejuice

·
Registered
24,722 Posts
Reactions: Deborah

·
Registered
8,851 Posts
Thanks for sharing, Tweety.

I read the first link (mainstream news site, as far as I know) and am shaking my head.

The two things that strike me are:

1: don't they know how this looks?

2. The FDA essentially let Sanofi investigate itself...

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
Meanwhile, since Gardasil has worked out so well, a breast cancer vaccine is on its way to your doctor's office. It appears to have a different approach.

https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2017-01/mcc-vsp010317.php

I was excited for a second that they had found a virus that caused breast cancer. But, that's not the case. They call it a vaccine, but it's not really a vaccine. It's really a breast cancer treatment. They take the woman's own blood, expose it to the protein that that is part of the breast cancer to stimulate an immune response to the protein and reinject it. They're just trying to make the body see the cancer as a foreign substance and attack it. It's an individual treatment and only for women who already have this specific type of breast cancer.

·
Registered
18,831 Posts
I was excited for a second that they had found a virus that caused breast cancer. But, that's not the case. They call it a vaccine, but it's not really a vaccine. It's really a breast cancer treatment. They take the woman's own blood, expose it to the protein that that is part of the breast cancer to stimulate an immune response to the protein and reinject it. They're just trying to make the body see the cancer as a foreign substance and attack it. It's an individual treatment and only for women who already have this specific type of breast cancer.
There are a bunch of these vaccines being tried out. But I'm not quite sure why they call them vaccines. Why not just cancer treatments? Or immune stimulating cancer treatments?

I thought vaccines were supposed to be preventative medicine and if you are treating an already established illness it is a treatment?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts