Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DS has had two doses of Pediarix, (DTaP+IPV+HepB) at 2 and 4 mos, he is now 14 mos. The ped has suggested doing a third at his 15-mon checkup. I dunno... in helping me make my choice I would like to search VAERS for specific reactions to this particular vaccine, but I cannot figure out which is the code for it. I am using this link, http://www.medalerts.org/vaersdb/ . (There is a list of codes in the third link on the page eg list of abbreviations.)
Am I missing something?

I would like to keep this on topic, believe me I have significant doubts about doing this at all and prob won't because I'm really feeling the need to at least take a moral stance against vaxing infants for HepB, but we can discuss the merits or vaxing for these diseases on other threads, I just wanted to add to my knowledge by looking up this particular vax.

Rebecca

·
Registered
10,813 Posts
I don't see anything for Pediarix - I suggest putting in the lot number (only) in order to see which code reporters are using.

·
Banned
11,133 Posts
http://us.gsk.com/products/assets/us_pediarix.pdf

Quote:
aluminum adjuvant (not more than 0.85 mg aluminum by assay). Each dose also contains ≤100 mcg of residual formaldehyde and ≤100 mcg of polysorbate 80<12.5 ng mercury per dose.
Just some of the adverse reactions reported after post-marketing.

Quote:
Cardiac Disorders: Cyanosis. Gastrointestinal Disorders: Diarrhea, vomiting. General Disorders and Administrative Site Conditions: Fatigue, injection site cellulitis, injection site induration, injection site itching, injection site nodule/lump, injection site pain, injection site reactions, injection site redness, injection site swelling, injection site warmth, irritability, limb pain, limb swelling, pyrexia, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome. Immune System Disorders: Anaphylactic reaction, anaphylactoid reaction, hypersensitivity. Infections and Infestations: Upper respiratory tract infection. Investigations: Abnormal liver function tests. Metabolism and Nutrition Disorders: Anorexia. Nervous System Disorders: Bulging fontanelle, convulsions, depressed level of consciousness, febrile convulsion, hypotonia, hypotonic-hyporesponsive episode, lethargy, somnolence. Psychiatric Disorders: Crying, insomnia, irritability, nervousness, restlessness, screaming, unusual crying.

·
Registered
10,813 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by chersolly
DTPIHI = Pediarix (I think)

That's a whole cell pertussis with IPV and Hib (Pentacoq).

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by comfybuns
Maybe DTAPHE
resurrecting this--you're right, I did a search on this code and it came up with them describing it as pediarix in the description. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts