Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked my doctor (MD) for a natural way to relax my baby on an upcoming flight across the US. She suggested oil in the ears for the pressure and valerian root as a sedative...<br><br>
I have some valerian as a tincture, but I'm hesitant since babe is so young (9 months, will be 10 at time of travel). I also have mullein oil which I'd consider in the ears, esp. since its good for earaches, but perhaps I should go with plain olive oil.<br><br>
Does anyone have any experience with this?

·
Registered
377 Posts
HI there! though i don't have experience with giving valerian directly to a baby, I just started taking it myself today and am going to see the results of it coming through my BM, if it changes amything at all.<br><br>
I would say if you are going to give your baby any valerian (after thoroough research) then i would make my own mild tea and give her some of that. The tincture also has alcohol in it, which babies certainly don't need.<br><br>
I flew with my 5.5 month old a couple months ago, and we didn't need anything. Some babies are OK with their ears... mine was. as far as sedative, i would say that keeping calm yourself and keeping LOTS to occupy them is a good idea. If you're on a longer flight, sometimes you can ask the flight attendants to play with them. My flight attendant just stood in the aisle beside me while I ate dinner. It was SOOOO helpful.<br><br>
Good luck momma!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts