Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Hi! we tnt in our own neighbourhood, near Main and Broadway. there's usually some people who go all out, like the guy in the skeleton costume on the fish tricycle, and people on stilts. and tons of families wandering about. (what rock do they crawl out from? never see anyone the rest of the year.) My dd is almost nine, so we wander quite a distance. and we get tons of loot b/c there seem to be more houses than kids! (mmm, sharing with mommy!) maybe i'll see you at one of the vancouver mamas meetings, and we can talk more, or else pm me!
-lori

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
We just go up and down our street for 2-3 blocks. We live in the Commercial Drive area. Any more than that is too much for little legs (my kids are almost two and almost 4)! I have been talking to one of my mama friends in the neighbourhood about having a little get together for the families after trick or treating. We would all go to the designated house for nutritious snacks and maybe a campfire type thing, you know, songs stories skits etc. Maybe when the kidlets got older we could do fireworks or bob for apples. We thought we could take turns hosting it each year. We have a group of about 10 families so it could turn into quite a tradition. I like the idea of getting out in our neighbourhood at Halloween. Its such a good opportunity for community building. Its one of my favourite "holidays"!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.