Mothering Forum banner

Vancouver/SW WA Cookie and Treat Exchange

2K views 81 replies 10 participants last post by  HeatherRea 
#1 ·
All right mamas here are the details. All are welcome so please join us even if you have never met any of us or you live in PDX!

Holiday Cookie/Treat Exchange and MNO
Sunday, December 14
6:30 to 8:30 pm
AllisonK's house
Please RSVP by posting here, PM, or call me!

What to bring:
4 dozen homemade cookies or treats
a snack, appetizer, hors d'oeuvres to share
a container large enough to bring 4 dozen cookies home

Cookie Rules:
Cookies should be baked at least 2 days prior to the get together. This way they have time to set a bit and hopefully will not crumble under the handling, transporting, etc.

Whatever you make should freeze well or last until after the holidays.

Treats should be homemade. But we all know things happen and if its a choice between you not coming or buying something then buy it. We would rather see you there!

I will keep a post in the second post of this thread of who is coming and what they are bringing to snack on.

See less See more
#15 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by jessielove View Post
Does it have to be 4 dozen of one thing or could I make 2 dozen of one thing and 2 dozen of another?
Nope. Make whatever amount of things you want. When we exchange we will put all the treats on a table and each stand around the table in front of a plate/container then each take 6 or so then move over one spot to the next plate and take 6 (or whatever # we decide) and so on and so on around and around until all the cookies are gone off the plates and in our take home containers. If all goes as planned we should each have 4 dozen when we are through. Or less, as Luli mentioned a while ago only taking some for herself to hide as her son has allergies.

#16 ·
I have to hide stuff as I have 2 kiddos with wheat and egg allergies (among many others). Don't feel too bad for them though, they will get lots of gluten free egg free treats this holiday.

So, is it too late for me to come too? Can I bring Tru? I'll bring an appetizer but I need to think about what.

Oh, and does any one have a nut allergy? Just checking.

-Cori

#18 ·
Yes please come luli! We are kind of planning MNO at the same time so keeping it to babies. Nicole might come and will be bringing her babe (who is gosh I don't know 3 months?
) and Nomy will be here who is 9 months.

#19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by luli View Post
One more quick question can you freeze cookies? Just checking seems like something that would be fine but I've never tried it. I think the husband and myself can work our way through 4 dozen cookies

Yep some kinds freeze better than others though. You can also freeze fudge and brownies and other nummy treats! My Grandma always puts out a plate of frozen treats and they are usually eaten before they thaw.

#20 ·
Random question--Allison, where are your kids going to be? Is Joe taking them out?

I don't think I'll bring R--the 14th is the night before my big Bday so I'm counting it as a present to myself

I'm still thinking about what to bring for the appetizer. I made some yummy red pepper jelly last year that was good w/ cream cheese and crackers, but I'm not committing to that quite yet (mmm baked brie would be so nice!)

My cookies are itty bitty so I'll probably bring 6-8 doz.

I'm excited about our big RSVP list, it'll be nice to see so many people! We totally need to commit to at least quarterly MNOs...

#25 ·
Joe is thinking about taking the kids bowling but not sure yet.

Joe wants to make jam and chocolate thumbprints.
Kind of funny as he apparently decided he is doing the baking for this. Umm you don't bake. I might make fudge too but not sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.