Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I know its hereditary...but more have been forming this year. What is weird is that for the last few days, I have a pinching feeling in my leg where they are.

Is a new one forming? Do you think this is worth a trip to the doc?

On another note, I have been seeing clinics that claim a non-surgery way of clearing them up. Fact or fiction?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
I had really bad ones that I just had removed last fall. I never experienced what you are describing... mine ached. I'll send you a link with some pics. They did not offer me a non-surgical way of getting rid of them. I think I would get yours checked.

http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...ein%20Surgery/

The black marks were applied by the doc the day prior to the surgery so they knew where to cut. The vein in my groin was 2 inches in diameter! I had it done during day surgery and I was off work for about a week. I'm glad I had it done, it was worth it.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
butcher's broom is supposed to be good for preventing inflammation, but double check the safety if you're lactating. quercetin, is supposed to be excellent at healing varicosities (i need to get some of this, i have quite a few and they're awful!) along with vit C, horse chestnut, and bilberry. i believe they're also all safe while lactating, but once again check first if that applies to you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.