Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently developed vulva varicose veins, they're not very bad, at least not yet (I'm only 17 weeks). They're the worst after sex, which I (and DH, I'm sure) would prefer not to give up. Anybody have any suggestions for relief.<br><br>
Also I have the bottom balm and postpartum bath herbs from Earth Mama Angel Baby anybody know if they would help.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have the same problem and the only way to get around not hurting after sex for me is to only do it at night (TMI) so that I lay down the rest of the night and any pain is gone by morning. Totally stinks, but that's how it goes. Other things that bring some temporary relief for me is rubbing Raw apple cider vinegar on the veins (I have them all over my legs too) and vit E oil. Also, make sure you stay regular, constipation is a sure fire way to set off the pain in my veins.<br><br>
I hope others can chime in with more info, but I am afraid there isn't much I can do until this baby is born.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Nettle tea is supposed to help (loose, 2 cups to 1 quart a day). Also, elevate your legs every day. I go for a walk and get circulation moving, then lay on my left side and elevate my legs for at least a half hour. I also elevate them at night if we watch a movie. You can also take cool baths and ice the area. They're supposed to go away after pregnancy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts