Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dd is 13 months. She exclusively bf until about 9 months. For the past four months she has eaten on occasion.
It was interesting to her for a little while, but then she got over the thrill.
I know she gets enough still from my milk, but I would like to offer her different foods. I guess I am just spoiled by how EASY it is to just breastfeed. The trouble I have is I cannot THINK of anything to feed her that meets our requirements:
Variety, nutritious, her being willing to eat it...
She will eat ALWAYS plain yogurt (to the point where I just stop offering because it seems too much dairy), watermelon, sometimes applesauce.
Sometimes she will sample other things, but not much. And often she will chew things like peas or cooked carrots and after about an half hour spit them out.

I was all about making her good food, but I have to admit, at this point I don't feel like cooking for her when it is just rejected.
Any simple easy to eat easy to make ideas for a picky one year old?
I am happy letting her get most of her nutrition from me, I just want to offer her food, but I can't think of anything!
Thanks!
Clare

·
Banned
6,717 Posts
dont' worry about it, just offer her the stuff off your plate, and keep nursing her.

Like say you're having chicken breast and steamed veggies, give her a few bites off your plate.

stuff like that. Dont worry about her eating much right now. She's still trying out new textures and tastes.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
A big yeah that to pandora114

I was just posting to say since she's old enough to chew some stuff and there's less worry about allergies, just give her bits of whatever oyu're eating. That's allI did with my son at that age. He got a good variety, and was introduced to the foods dh and I commonly eat

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your support!
I guess sometimes when people ask all the time if she is eating.... and really she doesn't much... it gets you second guessing...

·
Registered
669 Posts
Don't second guess yourself, it's not even likeyou could force her to eat even if you wanted to, kwim? Neither of my boys really started eating hard core *meals* until they were 17ish months old. Then all of the sudden they were much more interested.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks again...
Mostly she is not interested in what I eat. And when she does eat off my plate, she just chews it and then spits it out.
Today, however, I discovered she likes grapes... I ate the outsides and she ate the insides.
What DOES trouble me a bit is that I DO want what she DOES eat to be nutritious... So if I share my food and she rejects everything except my popsicles and a cookie her dad is eating... Then what?
I don't want to be the food police (her dad hates not sharing), but I don't want to have the only food she eats be desserts!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.