Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I'm about to lose my mind with this whole pediatrician search.  My midwives suggested Dr Quock because he's friendly to homebirthers, but I REALLY didn't like him and he's hardly vax-flexible (we want someone who will be okay with us delaying for 6 months to a year, then being very selective after that).  Then I saw Dr Rostek, who was a little better but still not ideal.  </p>
<p> </p>
<p>So far all of the recommendations I've gotten for doctors who are truly flexible either aren't taking new patients, or are part of "buy-in" practices where you pay a ridiculous annual fee to be a part of the practice.  I'm in San Francisco, but have a car and am willing to travel for someone who isn't going to guilt-trip or lecture me each time I see them.</p>
<p> </p>

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I used Dr. Quock until DD was 3 months old and we moved to Berkeley. My midwife reccomended him as well. He actually is pretty vax friendly. My entire birth class uses him and some of the parents have skipped a lot of vaccines. That said, I have been much more impressed by my new pediatrician and realized after switching that he was way too layed back for my liking.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Unfortunately, I can't give you another reccomendation in the city. But if you are willing to travel, I love Dr. Janet Perlman at Bayside Medical in Berkeley and Oakland. Very vax friendly, pro breastfeeding. Seems like it wouldnt be a big deal to travel for chekups but it would be a huge pain to have to go so far with a sick little one.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Cindy</p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts