Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 35 weeks and desperately trying to find a pediatrician or family DO that will respect our decision to delay or opt out of vaccinating our baby. We drive 2.5 hrs to our midwife so she doesn't know of any in our area. If you know of any in southern OK, I would appreciate the help! Thank you!

·
Registered
824 Posts
I searched multiple sites I've used to find a doctor and most don't have any listed for your state:frown:.. I did find this one.. see if this helps http://www.cafemom.com/group/4388/forums/read/2738581/Anti_Vax_Friendly_Docs_List_Directory

Once upon a time, I too had to find one and I picked up my phone (blocked my number) and called every office in a 10 mile radius.. I got so many rude people, attitudes and lectures but eventually, I found one that worked.

Basically I called and ask their views on DELAYED/ selective vaccinations (as that tends to be more accepted). At least this way, if they were willing to "bend" I could use them temporarily.. I would call back in a week to make an appt then (call me paranoid:grin:)

Also, another option is to look up midwives and/or birth centers and ask for referrals. You can even join a holistic type facebook group and ask..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! I was planning to just start calling and I'm glad I saw your post. I will definitely block my number and probably also call back to make appointment. Hopefully I'll have some luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts