Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to say, this rather suprised me. I just saw a segment on the choice to vax or not vax on Northwest Cable News. I think it was taken from a King 5 (Seattle) broadcast. They were showing how two good friends made different choices to vaccinate, their reasons for their choice, and then emphasized that it needs to be an informed choice. They had a clip from a Children's Hospital doctor, and you can imagine how that part went. They didn't really go into the reasons why people might choose not to vax, but I didn't think that they at all portrayed the no-vax side as crazy, either. I think that with what you can expect on the local news, they did an okay job. I just like to see that it has been brought up at all.

Anyone else see this? It'll probably play on NWCN at least a few more times since they loop it every half hour for awhile before they record something new.

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
That's cool! I didn't see it (don't have cable) but I just read the story on their site. Of course they have links to things like the recommended immunization schedule and the public health sites. At least they didn't portray her as a wacko, though.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I'm glad someone responded.
We just have very very basic cable, just enough to turn something on occaisionally when I feel I need some outside voices.
:
I didn't look at the site, but of course it doesn't suprise me that they'd put those links on it... sigh. Still I think mentioning the "alternative" in the media is a good thing. Gotta start from somewhere...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts