Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
some archival searches don't get me what I seek...<br><br>
Anyone out there in New York State who had their child partially/minimally vaccinated, who is now scared to death about the new national database? I got the scary letter, and have seen some posts on this site that pronounce all hope of claiming a religious exeption after partially vaxing slim to none, once your child has been put on this dbase.<br><br>
SO: I am at a confused crossroads: Try to find a lawyer to help advise on effective actions? Succumb and vaccinate? Attempt to claim I got religion after some shots? I would actually like to consider all of these (and any other suggested paths) very seriously.<br><br>
Has anyone done catchup on the vaxes? My child is 3.5, and would need A LOT of shots before kindergarten. DO they allow you to space them as you feel comfortable, or might we be forced to inject him with dozens of things in a very short time period?<br><br>
Has anyone successfully claimed a religious exemption after partially vaxing?<br><br>
Anyone use the services of a lawyer or other advisor who was really helpful?<br><br>
Are there such things as doctors who will write you a medical exemption?<br><br>
ANy other hope?<br><br>
I am really lost about this right now, and homeschooling/private school are not options for us.<br><br>
Any help gratefully appreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
I think the only way to do this would be to not do anymore and claim the exemption based on you newfound religious understanding. If you do any additional, with the database, you will most likely void your exemption.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I'm not going to be of much help, I just wanted to let you know that I'm in the same situation as you and completely clueless. I did see something while I was trying to search for exemption laws in NY about a possible philosophical exemption, but I'm not sure what's going on with that.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have also been posting in the NY "Tribal" thread, and the comments suggest we should not be hopeful about a change in NYS legislation re a philosophical exemption any time soon, which makes sense to me.<br><br>
I just want some guidance, and feel pretty helpless right now about where to turn. There seems to be so little info available for people in our situation....

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
We're really not sure what to do either. We're definetly going to delay for a bit, so we can do a little research and see what the laws are at that time. I think I'm going to consult with our church and see what their view is on the aborted fetal cells being in vaccines. That will probably strongly influance our decision. It's nice to know someone else is as lost as I am! haha.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I did, in NJ. My letter was a "conversion" letter. It was just like a regular letter except it kept saying "subsequent to that date." I explained my religious objections to vaccines, and my reasons for them, subsequent to that date. And I explained that my children would not be getting any more vax subsequent to that date. It wasn't a problem here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts