Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my kids were sick last week but they're fine this week (except that my middle child has an appt in the morning for a possible ear infection). We had planned to get some shots today so we went ahead and went in to see what they said. I fully expected them to just give them the shots, no questions asked. But the guy asked if they've been sick recently, I told him they were sick last week and the middle child might have an ear infection. He said he'd rather wait until they'd been well for at least a week and if the middle child ends up getting antibiotics he wants us to wait until a week after he finishes them up (which I was already planning for him anyway).

It was refreshing to see that not all doctors are jab happy, as some would suggest, and I'm glad to finally get an answer for how long we should wait after a sickness. :)

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
That's good to hear. We're in a similar boat. My DD was supposed to get her second Td today, but she is just getting over a winter bug of some kind, so we've rescheduled for the end of the month.

·
Premium Member
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's good to hear. We're in a similar boat. My DD was supposed to get her second Td today, but she is just getting over a winter bug of some kind, so we've rescheduled for the end of the month.
Yeah I'm just rescheduling for a couple weeks from now. I was confused because the cdc says it's ok to vaccinate mildly sick kids so I assumed if they were sick last week they would be ok. I'm very relieved to know the nurses and drs at the clinic are conservative in their approach to vaccinating.

Hope your daughter feels better :)

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Yeah I'm just rescheduling for a couple weeks from now. I was confused because the cdc says it's ok to vaccinate mildly sick kids so I assumed if they were sick last week they would be ok. I'm very relieved to know the nurses and drs at the clinic are conservative in their approach to vaccinating.

Hope your daughter feels better :)
Thanks. Hope your kids are feeling better soon too. Ugh. I'm so done with winter and all the coughs and sniffles already.

·
Premium Member
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. Hope your kids are feeling better soon too. Ugh. I'm so done with winter and all the coughs and sniffles already.
It's summer here, I guess we had a summer cold or something. :/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts