Mothering Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
I like both but I love the way the Bum-ware's doubler is broader in the back. But I have both and they both fit my kids beautifully. And I've never had a leak with either so I think it's just something you have to try and see which one you prefer.

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
I'm curious about this as well! I certainly don't need to be on the lookout for new dipes, because I'm in
with my dyed prefolds and gorgeous PreFitteds (courtesey GMAR) with some FBs thrown in for daycare.. but.. sometimes AIOs *are* nice
And these are two that I think look nice and simple (and have super reviews!)!

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by SEEPAE
they kinda favor but Im sure if you saw them both IRL they wold have noticable differences... BW is a 2 size diaper and VB has a sm/md/lg and sometimes xs and ml
Actually the bum-ware AIO comes in small med and Lg too.. I guess the shopping cart part looked very similar with the add quick dry, add fleece, etc. Same format, similar wording, almost the same outer PUL choices and 2 of the only AIO I have seen that have birdseye.
You are probably right though, IRL they are probably different. That's why I asked

Lisa, you will have to let us know what you think.

·
Registered
8,900 Posts
We have both. After the many recommendations for VB AIOs for newborns, I stocked up on them for my newborn stash, and was NOT disappointed! Perfect fit, very trim, trim through the legs, look adorable, etc. I happen to love the giraffe tag.

I have just one Bum-Ware that I bought because they are reputed to be similar and I wanted to give them a try. My babe is just 3 months old, so I guess that's the infant size that I have? I don't remember.

So, similarities: very trim, comes in solid PUL which is remarkably cute, true AIO, velcro/aplix tabs, easy, absorbent and reliable. Differences: VBs have overlapping tabs; VBs are birdseye, BW are flannel; BW are wider through the crotch than my XS and small VBs; VB has long foldable doubler, BW has hourglass shaped doubler; different sizing (as SEEPAE outlined); because BW are 2-size, I don't get that fit that looks "perfect" - but, each size will last much longer; BW are somewhat cheaper than VBs.

No point in not trying them both!

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
VB have elastic in the back, BW easy AIO's do not, the ones with front snaps do. Bum-Ware have a higher rise.
The easy AIO's come in a small, med, & lg. The front snap only come in med & lg.
They work equally well for us as far as reliability.

·
Registered
6,099 Posts
I don't have any VB's but my bumwares are doing great, I got 2 a week or so ago, one snapping one aplix/velcro. I wasn't sure about the snaps because there is only one row, but it's working out wonderfully. I don't need more dipes but bum-ware was great and fast, plus lots of soild colors, I hate prints.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
I like both a lot.

On the plus side for BW--trimmer between the legs. I LOVE the doubler.
The shape makes so much sense! I got a hemp with fleece and it just makes the diaper great and it also came with a flannel one. The only thing I am not wild about is how the tight gathers make the fabric a bit poofy in front. NOT poofy when on, just when sitting there. Wierd aesthetic thing for me.

BW does not have any tags. There is no size or bumware label. I think this gives it a less "finished" look.

On the plus for VB--No front gathers. I like the birdseye better than flannel, but I think BW is doing birdseye now too.

Both are excellent. Try both. Did I mention I
the BW doubler?

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I'm a big big Bum-ware fan. I've only tried the large size though. Here are pictures of a toddler (17 inch waist, 11 inch thighs and 17 inch rise) in the BW
pic 1

pic 2

pic3

I too love the contoured shape of the soaker/doubler. I have a quick dry version because I have a front loader and don't feel like sewn in soakers get clean enough and I love things to dry quickly. I thought I would dislike the missing back elastic, but I actually love it without the back elastic! I know a lot of mamas really love the birdseye, but I didn't care for the birdseye in the diapers I had from VB.. it just doesn't seem as soft as the flannel. You can get either from BW, but I prefer the flannel. I'm just so pleased with BW I wish I'd found them a LONG time ago!

Amber

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.