Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Daisy Doodle AIO with aplix

Votes: 4 21.1%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sold all my Daisy Doodles because I was skeptical of their absorbency - I didn't have a leak, but I was so vigilant when they wore them. I never gave them a chance. I just didn't trust them because they were so trim.
Also, I'm skeptical of prints.

I've seen all the rave comments about Very Baby AIOs. I love Very Baby quality (I have fitted diapers and covers from VB). In particular, it seems like they are a great fit, trim, and still absorbent.

I am positively desperate for a trim option to put on my 14 month old. I have no fewer than 10 pairs of pants and/or overalls that she cannot wear because they do not fit over her diapers - everything from 18 month, to 24 month to 2T. I would rather invest in more diapers than buy more clothes.

Which would you buy? VB AIO or Daisy Doodle? I'm going for solid PUL only, no prints, and hemp in the soakers.

·
Registered
6,359 Posts
If you need the diapers asap, I'd go with Very Baby. There's a handful (well, more than that) of VB makers, and only one Daisy Doodle gal.

I have 2 front snap DD's, one side snap DD (that we don't like the fit of), and am ordering some embroidered VB AIO's. Only drawback to VB is that you're charged extra to get hemp instead of the birdseye.

I do like the trimness of the DD, but the front snap doesn't hold everything in place as well as the aplix (4 snaps vs. 3 inches of aplix to hold it all) - I end up with funky reverse wing droop. I have 1 print and 1 PUL, and haven't had any wicking, and we've actually used them on 2-3 hour outings to Walmart and the grocery store, etc. Granted, I fill it up with two of the hemp/suedecloth soakers and one of my own hemp doublers folded up. I only had some dampness leak out the side once - when *all* the hemp was soaked. I wasn't paying close enough attention that day because we were out of town.

eta: I do love my DD, but am just not online when Christa opens up for customs, so getting more is pretty close to impossible for me.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
The majority of my diapers are daisy doodles. While there is only one daisy doodle wahm, I found that she was very fast with my order and very helpful as well. For my babe, there is nothing that comes close to the excellent fit. I always use a doubler with them. If I was nervous about them at all, I would use two nonhemp doublers- maybe order a microfiber doubler 6 pack or two along with the diapers.

I did have a very baby aio once, but the fit drove me crazy. I keep hearing them called trim, but judging by the looks of it, the fit is the same as when I tried one.

I can put my dd in any clothes over the dd. I don't know if she would fit in jeans over a very baby. And dd's make her bum look so cute! And SUCH a bargain!

I'll stop now- I'm sure you get my point :LOL

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
I've only had 1 VB and the fit just wasn't right for us. I have tons of DD, they work great for us, with just the snap in soaker. Christa works really fast and she offers custom orders pretty often.

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
Well I have both and I prefer the Daisy Doodles for my DD and VB AIO's for my DS. I think because Daisy Doodles are so trim (especially in the front) they don't work as well for boys since they wet so much in the front. But I've never had a problem with my Daisy Doodles on my DD. And she wears them with even the trimmest jeans.

·
Registered
8,900 Posts
I have both, but voted for VBs. I think ChristyH is right that DDs are *SO* trim that it's easy for boys to soak through them too quickly. My DS does really well with my VBs, on the other hand. Of course, my VBs all came with doublers, whereas I bought a few separate doublers for my DDs, but not enough. I didn't expect to need one with every use, but I realize I really do. Since I've had some bad leaks with them in the past (perhaps user error or lack of doublers, dunno for sure), I'm more hesitant to use them in long-wear situations, even with the doubler(s). I need to do a more controlled study of how they work for DS now, as I really do love the trimness, and they're very cute! Our orange PUL/cowprint suedecloth DD is my DH's favorite. :LOL I think I will always be partial to VBs, though. They have fit my DS perfectly from the start!

Both VBs and DDs will fit will under jeans.
In fact, I have to consider which pants I put on DS with them because his pants are prone to falling off! :LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.