Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're not pg yet, but hopefully will be in the very near future, and I want as much info as I can get to read before I start with the OB appointments. My 2 children were born by c-section - #1 was breech, and #2 was 'elective' due to serious pg complications - I didn't want to risk anything b/c my membranes had been ruptured for 13 weeks prior to his birth, and I wanted him out and attended to as quickly as possible. As it turned out, I would have needed a c/s anyhow, b/c they discovered that I had two uterine cavities. The second (useless) cavity went down to my cervix, and is thought to be the reason I never dilated much past a few cm when I was in PTL with my kids. I had surgery this past July, to remove the wall between them, and form a single uterine cavity. The doctor who did the surgery was suprised when I asked about a VBAC for the next baby, but was cool with the idea, as was my regular OB. I'm wondering, what are the chances of me actually being successful? Has anyone else done this? Any good books to read about it? TIA!

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
The only thing I can tell you, and it's probably not helpful, is that my husband was born 30+ years ago, vaginally, after his mother had surgery to restructure her uterus (it was also divided). He was born quite early, but MIL had other issues as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts