Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found out that my health insurance will only cover providers and hospitals in MA. I live in RI and have used RI providers for my 2 previous pregnancies. Now I have to find someone new. Any suggestions? This will be my 2nd VBAC - I am 14 weeks along. I have no idea how the VBAC climate is in MA. Are they allowed at Sturdy or anywhere else nearby. Thanks

Ruma

·
Registered
714 Posts
Hi! Try contacting the women that run ICAN of E. MA. I'm sure they have a wealth of vbac resources and hospitals that are genuinely supportive of them.

ICAN of Eastern Massachusetts
Greater Boston Area

eMail Address: [email protected]
Telephone: (617) 472-4880

Or Contact: Estelle Nancy Grygent
Telephone: 508-564-7616

Good luck finding the right fit. Happy holidays if I don't see you soon

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
In the Mass Birth Data report from 2006 Sturdy reports a few VBACs (10 out of 1,064 births for the year). (c/s & VBAC info on pages 78-79)

Home birth midwives typically have a much higher sucess rate for VBACs than hospitals, if you want to consider that option.

=================
Mama to DS 5/03 & DD 2/06
:

: ICAN "You never know when you're making a memory." ~ Rickie Lee Jones

·
Registered
288 Posts
i had a gtreat vbac experience at tobey hospital in wareham and found the climate to be very supportive of vbacs even though it is technically against hospital "policy". despite this policy, tobey supposedly has the best vbac rate in the state. my labor was very difficult, 34 hours, posterior babe, etc & noone once pressured me at all to go for a c/s. Louise of wareham nurse midwives was my midwife and never left my side once. she was awesome! good luck! (nak)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I don't know about Sturdy, but Brigham and Womens hospital is opening a branch hospital in Foxboro. I know they will have OB's in the office but I think deliveries will still be in Boston. I delivered there and loved it, and the trip was fine. I live almost in RI now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.