Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pregnant with my second
: about 4 months now. Here's the problem: my dr. "doesn't do" VBACs. I was ok with this at first as I have several friends who have done repeat Cs, and none who have doe a TOL much less a VBAC. But now I'm not so sure. I want to research my options, but am hitting a wall. Does ANYone "do" VBACs in Columbus? The only reason I had a C in the first place was because of too much medical intervention. (36 hours of labor, only 3cm. 12 hours of ruptured membranes. Worried about the infection risk...so on. I was young and hurting and didn't know better.) I really want 4 kids, and I don't want the risk of not being able to b/c of too many Cs. I don't know if I will want to do a TOL, but I al least DESERVE to research my own options!
what is it the Pro-choicers say? MY BODY, MY DECISION! (Only I would change it to My BABY and BODY, my decision!)

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
there are VERY few docs who do vbac in columbus. the drs. malone (father and son) are one practice I know of that are supposedly vbac friendly. (706) 324-2485

we have a lot of people who drive in to atlanta to vbac. the ledger-enquirer did a 2 part series on the lack of vbac options and the birth climate in columbus that included quotes from some people who came to atlanta to vbac, and from dr. tate, an atlanta doc who does a lot of vbacs.

check out the ICAN of atlanta board for more info and support
http://atlanta.ican-online.org/board

·
Registered
123 Posts
If you haven't already, I would also recommend checking out ICAN-online. Those ladies know all there is to know about care providers and VBAC's in the area! And they are very supportive, as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.